Dylan Cohen

Individuals Looking for Teams to Join as a Hackathon Delegate

This is a space for individuals who may not have an entry, but still want to contribute to the HeroX competition to look for a team that needs an individual able to attend the Hackathon. Before posting here please make sure that you can attend the Hackathon in-person in Los Angeles from August 10th-12th.

Posts should adhere to the following format:

1. Your username
2. Challenge areas you are interested in
3. Brief description of your background and expertise. Don’t give away too much personal information, but do say enough to give teams a reason to choose you
4. Any relevant facts about you, or about the type of team you are looking to join

If you are a team looking for a new member and one of the entries is appealing to you, please click on that person’s username. In the top right corner of that page there will be a button that says “message”. Clicking on that will allow you to send a message directly to that person.

Once you have joined a team please edit your post by clicking the grey “Edit” button and saying that you have found a new team. This way you will not be spammed by other teams after finding
a team to join.
21 Replies

Kate Rushton
I am planning and working on submitting a team entry, but also I am interested in also being part of a team.

1. Kate Rushton
2. Off-Grid Energy Access​ Design Challenge, Coral Reefs or Lifting Farmers Out of Poverty
3. I was an energy analyst covering multiple sectors for several years up until 2-3 years ago. Then I switched careers to open innovation and challenges. I am currently a manager for online challenges for one company and help to develop participation communities and challenges for another. I have attended numerous hackathons, my most recent one was for utility week. I have also won several online challenges looking for innovative ideas and concepts for the energy sector.
4. I am a citizen of a Visa Waiver Country and already have my application approved for travel until the end of 2019. I am looking to join a team that will do daily checkins online from 7 pm to midnight CET or from 6 am to 9 am CET (Central European Time). I would prefer a team with engineering expertise.

Roger A. Mason, MD
@Kate Rushton
Hi,
I'm the captain of an energy team, Releasing the Genie - we may be interested in a Hackathon representative. Are you still available and interested? Please let me know by email so we can set up a brief chat. Thanks, Dr. Roger Mason shaman212@gmail.com

Deleted
@Kate Rushton
The invite will be asking you to leave your current team in order to join in another team. I've done it earlier but I'll try again , with you this time.

Alisho
@Kate Rushton
Hi there . My name is Ali Liban. I am an inventor from Ethiopia/Somalia regions. I am working clean energy systems redesign for energy access in developing countries as personal challenge for many years and have transformational solutions for reducing poverty in these regions. I am competing in the off-grid energy access prize. I am hoping I will be one of the semifinalists.

I am looking for a delegate living in the LA area and who has clean energy knowledge to represent me in the design hackathon on August 10-12 in Calver City and beyond for potential partnership. This is because it is difficult to obtain US visa in short term out here. Are you in LA ? Good to see that you are passionate about clean tech and entrepreneurship. Clean energy is becoming a big global business and this is a good combination. .
I have very interesting inventions from the field in Africa. More info to follow.

Could you please help with this.? I would really appreciate

Kate Rushton
@Rolly - Thank you for reaching out. You will have to tell me more about your team - how many members etc.?

Kate Rushton
@Alisho - I don't live in LA. I am a British citizen living in Vienna, Austria.

Alisho
@Kate Rushton
Hi Kate. I believe you can travel and be in LA for the hackathon. I need a delegate. Better connect via email so I can send you more info about my clean energy invention and concept design. My email is ----aliliban@yahoo.com------. I studied in England as an engineer myself years ago and then moved to Africa to work on tech solutions there as personal challenge. Big and hard decision but much passion. I have solutions which I am introducing to HeroX and hoping to win may be with your help.

I have another team member but neither of us can travel to LA for the hackathon

Cheers for your contact

Kate Rushton
@Alisho
The challenge is more about creating a contest than introducing your pre-existing solutions and your invention/concept design, unless I have got the wrong idea.

Alisho
@Kate Rushton
I agree with you. I have reached the invention and patent stage now but I was at the design stage years ago and I am using this to create my contest submittal now. The different headings in the form represent the stages I passed through and I am using this approach for the competition. It takes many years to figure this out and believe most of the contestants have not been working on the challenge this long. I hope this will work out.

I would be grateful for your ideas and input.

Alisho
@Kate Rushton
What you said is the major pitfall in the competition if I understand correctly.

Deleted
@Kate Rushton
I'm searching for a delegate who can attend the hackathon in LA just in case my entry is chosen as semi-finalist. My prize design is about "Lifting Farmers Out of Poverty". I am the sole designer of my prize and the only member of my team. I'm a 4th year mechanical engineering undergrad from Philippines.

Kate Rushton
Hi @Rolly - sadly that is not my area of expertise. I can help with challenge design.

Deleted
@Kate Rushton
Thanks for the kind offer but my design is already finished. I'm on the phase of looking for someone to be my delegate for the summit.

Kate Rushton
Thank you everyone! I am going to have a call with Dr Mason to see if we are aligned. Due to my work commitments, I can't really work with other teams.

Deleted
@Kate Rushton
Thanks for the replies too!

Alisho
@Kate Rushton
Thanks Kate.

Alisho
@Kate Rushton
Hi Kate It is good connecting with you.
The world is facing major energy challenges. Existing technologies are falling short of these challenges. All energy generation in the universe is optical except on earth. So we need an optical clean energy systems redesign. Please check my linkedin page for more info

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ali-liban-788073a/

If successful this could be a big opportunity. Interested ? Please let me know. The invention is filed at the UK patent Office which I am using for many years. In fact I am looking for UK connection for some time because of my training there as engineer.
I realize this is a solution. I am using the design stage of my work as input for the competition.

Thanks for your time

Ali Liban( Alisho)

honest kunal
@alisho, @rolly, @kate I don't know who is present here or not I m indian I have knowledge of every field but I have no any team members and I can choose your challenge clean energy or elevations of poverty , or save coral reef if any body read this for fast conversation about challenge please reply fast

honest kunal
@alisho I m new here. So I ll need a member

Andrew Blume
If my team does not advance to the semi-finals, I would be willing to represent a winning team as a delegate for feeding the next billion or for lifting farmers out of poverty. I am already located in Los Angeles and have extensive experience with urban and indoor agriculture.
Post Your Reply
Let these people know about your message