The Group Mentoring Session will be held tomorrow, February 12th from 6PM-8:30PM at the Entrepreneur Center of Austin, located at 4029 S Capital of Texas Hwy Austin, TX 78704. This session is optional but highly encouraged. It is a great chance to get feedback on your idea before you submit your finalist application next week.
You must register to attend the group mentoring session through Eventbrite (Password = reverse2018). Registration will close at the end of the day today.
Please RSVP only if you can commit to attending. We're asking mentors to volunteer their evening to meet with competitors and we want to have an accurate attendee count beforehand.
The agenda for the group mentoring will be as follows:
- 6:00-6:15 Welcome and overview of the evening’s agenda and format
- 6:15-6:25 Mentor Introductions
- 6:25-6:30 Break out into groups
- 6:30-7:15 Round I: Three minute pitches*, three minutes Q&A, four minutes of constructive feedback
- 7:15-7:20 Competitors rotate to different group of mentors
- 7:20-8:05 Round II: Three minute pitches*, three minutes Q&A, four minutes of constructive feedback
- 8:05 – 8:20 Recount learnings and close
Suggested pitch format (alternative formats okay):
- Competitor and company/brand/ etc. introduction (10- 20 seconds)
- Environmental (zero-waste) challenge overview (30 seconds)
- Product concept and business model overview (30 – 60 seconds)
- Target customer description ( 30 – 45 seconds)
- Call to action (what do you want from your audience) and close (15 – 25 seconds)
*If selected as a finalist, you will have 6 minutes to pitch in front of the [Re]Verse Pitch judges. The shorter pitches during this session facilitates more opportunities for feedback and are a helpful step in determining what to focus or clarify in your 6 minute pitch.