For the 2020 Spaceport America Cup, a new mini-event will be taking place for the best team video. Teams will submit a compilation video that includes onboard video footage. This video must be between 3-5 minutes long that reviews your team’s year-long journey to the Spaceport Cup, with a finale of your onboard launch video.
In this video, you should include the following:
- A good combination of photos, video and music:
- Should clearly show a progressive timeline of your team participating in the design, build, test, travel and launch of your project
- Any community outreach events
- Answer the question “Why did your team enter the Spaceport America Cup competition?”
- Answer the question “How has this competition prepared you for a future career?”
- Onboard video of launch at the Spaceport Cup - Not required but points will be deducted.
- Professional, entertaining, and inspirational
- Quality editing, transitions, artistic scenes, strong story line
- Visual appeal (good combination of still photos versus live video)
- Highly recommended to include the boost and recovery portions of the onboard launch video
Videos must be submitted on a USB stick with your team name and ID number to the Launch Operations Information table no later than 9 a.m. on Saturday 6/20/2020.
The top three videos will receive prizes at the closing ceremony. All videos will be played before and after the closing ceremony. The winner will have their video played during the closing ceremony.