menu
RYSQ
March 1, 2020
2:59 p.m. PST

Inputting Text: Character & Words

While preparing the responses and inserting into the form, it seems the character counts don't match what can fit in the box. Some are over, some under. Can all the character counts be confirmed so we can avoid having the responses cut off. Thanks in advance.
5 Replies

Matthew Payne
March 1, 2020
9:26 p.m. PST
We are having very similar issues

RYSQ
March 2, 2020
7:33 a.m. PST
This is what the system shows me when trying to insert text from word. Which governs?
Short Description: Not noted but set to 140 characters including spaces
3. Overview: Not noted or set-up. What is the limit?
4. Impact: 2000 is noted and set-up. OK.
5. Unique/Innovative: 2000 is noted; set up for 5000
6. Scientific Understanding: 3000 is noted; set up for 5000
7. Bringing Idea to life: 3000 is noted. set up for 5000

Kyla Jeffrey HeroX team
March 2, 2020
10:41 a.m. PST
Hi RYSQ and Matthew,

You are correct, there is a discrepancy in character counts -- thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The character counts enforced by the platform are larger than those noted in each question and will be the enforced character counts. Please note all character counts include spaces.

That said, quality is more important than quantity and we strongly encourage you to be concise in your responses.

Best,
Kyla

RYSQ
March 2, 2020
6:17 p.m. PST
Thank you Kyla for the response.
1 more logistics inquiry.
Question 3 only seems to have the formatting options now. I think it was available in other responses earlier to use bullet points, or bold, etc for quality legibility.

Just curious.

Kyla Jeffrey HeroX team
March 2, 2020
6:45 p.m. PST
Hi RYSQ, that did not change. We cannot enforce character counts on fields that have formatting options so only question 3 allows for formatting. Please let me know if you have any other questions and looking forward to your submission!
Post Your Reply