How to Apply
First, Click ACCEPT CHALLENGE above.
Then, select one of the three options below as your test assignment to show us your UX/UI skills.
- Challenge Page Redesign
- Visit THIS PAGE for an example Challenge Page to review. Provide your suggested UX/UI improvements.
- Challenge Creation Process Flow Redesign
- Visit OUR HOMEPAGE and try to create a challenge. Provide your suggested UX/UI improvements.
- Browse OUR SITE and select your favorite opportunities for UX/UI improvements.
As general guidance, we recommend you spend +/- 8 hours on your test assignment.
Once you've completed your test assignment, upload the design to the Submission Form as a PDF.
- The winner will interview for an opportunity to work with HeroX in either a full-time UX/UI designer position or as a contractor, pending a mutual agreement between both parties. Both full-time positions and hourly contract work will be compensated with a market competitive salary.
- The winner will receive an hour of "Virtual Coffee" with an Executive at HeroX
- The top three competitors will receive written feedback on their design
- All eligible participants will be added to HeroX's exclusive designer network for early notice of future Art & Design related challenges.
We are serious about hiring a designer - as such, HeroX is exploring several avenues to find the perfect fit. Apply today for your chance to join our team.
Our staff will be reviewing each design carefully. We will be awarding points to the designs that are:
- Intuitive: 25%
- How easily can a new user navigate the new design? Is the learning curve steep or flat?
- Beautiful: 25%
- Is the design aesthetically appealing?
- Creative: 25%
- within HeroX Brand Alignment: 25%
- Does the new design flow with our existing HeroX branding?
Note: The purpose of this challenge is to find a UX/UI designer that is a perfect fit for our team. While the test assignment is a good reflection of the candidates’ level of talent, there are many other factors that go into making a hire decision. As such, the #1 best design may not result in the overall challenge winner.
The challenge is open to all adult individuals. Individuals may originate from any country.
Submissions must be made in English. All challenge-related communication will be in English.
To be eligible to compete, you must comply with all the terms of the challenge as defined in the Challenge-Specific Agreement.
Registration and Submissions:
Submissions must be made online (only), via upload to the HeroX.com website, on or before 4:59 pm EST on September 21, 2018. No late submissions will be accepted.
Intellectual Property Rights:
As detailed in the Challenge-Specific Agreement – Innovator will retain all intellectual property rights to their technology.
By participating in the challenge, each competitor agrees to submit only their original idea. Any indication of "copying" amongst competitors is grounds for disqualification.
All applications will go through a process of due diligence; any application found to be misrepresentative, plagiarized, or sharing an idea that is not their own will be automatically disqualified.
All ineligible applicants will be automatically removed from the competition with no recourse or reimbursement.
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win the competition.
Void wherever restricted or prohibited by law.