Design a t-shirt for the 2018 HeroX corporate retreat!
Every single day, HeroX team members travel thousands of miles across multiple time zones to come together and create the space for you to change the world with your ideas. For most of us, this involves putting some coffee on, changing our shirt, petting the cat, checking the mirror, and sitting down at our home office desks. As an entirely cloud-based workforce, we only leave our houses to get a change of scenery. We're still not sure if all our coworkers are real humans and not avatars, so we're getting the team together for the first in-person meetup and we need you to be our fashion designer!
Accept the Challenge, and get to work on your design today!
Your Shirt Design
- Must contain a tagline and original artwork
- Will be printed on the front of white t-shirts
- Will be worn by the HeroX team AND you! That's right, we'll send you a printed shirt in the mail
Need Some Inspiration? Hear from HeroX Innovators!
We asked our community why they participate in HeroX challenges. Here's what they had to say:
"By entering an incentive challenge, you will become a part of an innovative and international community of industry disruptors and lateral thinkers. Hack yourself, your habits and linear thinking by joining a group of relentless thinkers and doers." - Alexandra Ivanovitch
"It's a win-win. You get your idea out there, if it gets noticed, that's a win. If it doesn't, it's still a win because you worked on something that matters, you've learned something new and it could lead to other opportunities. You just never know." - Marianne Angelo
"In today's world, the fastest and the best way to spread your words is through the internet. If you really want to help or contribute to society the best way is to solve their problems. This could be done by taking up an incentive challenge. After all the life is too short to waste, so let's do something meaningful and good in it so that we are remembered for it .Give it a try :)" - Abbas Saiyed
"Taking part in incentive challenges is nothing else but defeating yourself. That part of your self that stands in your way. You compete with people from all over the world. It's wild and scary. Not because they may be better or smarter than you or because they are many. But because these are people who never give up and who become better and better with each challenge they take. It is the kind of community you cannot afford to not be part of. Changing the world is just the side effect." - Georgia Mihalcea
"Incentive challenges are a great opportunity to apply your specific perspectives and expertise towards solving a unique problem. It's a rare situation where your success is only limited by your creativity and dedication. Even if you don't win the challenge, you created a valuable innovation in the process. You can also expand your network with the organizers, sponsors, collaborators, and others competitors of the challenge." - Marcus Howard
Check out the challenge guidelines for the design requirements
The Winning Design
If you win, your design will be printed on the front of a t-shirt and proudly worn by the HeroX team at our corporate retreat in August 2018! Not only will you be the fashion designer for the HeroX team, you will also receive your very own t-shirt in the mail!
- Your design must fit on the front of a t-shirt (t-shirt will be white)
- Must contain a tagline related to HeroX and a graphic.
- The design should be original art and should not contain any stock imagery. You may incorporate open source artwork but the design should be primarily your own.
- File Types: Please submit your image in the following file types. While you are not required to upload all three file types, it is preferred that you do.
- (Required) Image in PNG format with transparent background
- Vector file saved as either
- PDF (Adobe Acrobat): embed the fonts used or export as generic .eps
- AI or EPS (Adobe Illustrator): convert text to outlines, embed any linked images (tips on converting text here)
- Layered source files saved as either:
- Adobe Photoshop .PSD file
- Adobe Illustrator .AI file
- .SVG file
- If you do not submit a vector file, your image must be at least 300dpi at the size it will be printed. If your image is below 300dpi, please do not simply increase the resolution.
Open Source Specifications
- All open source artwork must be available for use with modification and not require attribution
- All open source artwork must be documented and linked in the submission form
HeroX Logo: Download here.
Multiple Entries: You may submit an unlimited number of entries to this challenge.
Public Submissions: The PNG version of your image will be publicly visible on the challenge page upon submission.
Modification: We may modify your image prior to printing
Submissions must be made in English. All challenge-related communication will be in English.
To be eligible to compete, you must comply with all the terms of the challenge as defined in the Challenge-Specific Agreement.
Registration and Submissions
Submissions must be made online (only), via upload to the HeroX.com website, on or before Thursday, July 26th. No late submissions will be accepted.
Intellectual Property Rights
As detailed in the Challenge-Specific Agreement, you must agree to grant the Sponsor a royalty-free license to use your artwork if you win. HeroX has the right to use any and all Submissions for future advertising, promotion and publicity. Please ensure you review the full details in the Challenge-Specific Agreement which is made available upon registration.
Selection of Winners
Based on the winning criteria, prizes will be awarded per the Judging Criteria section above. In the case of a tie, the winner(s) will be selected based on the highest votes from the Judges.
- By participating in the challenge, each competitor agrees to submit only their original idea. Any indication of "copying" amongst competitors is grounds for disqualification.
- All applications will go through a process of due diligence; any application found to be misrepresentative, plagiarized, or sharing an idea that is not their own will be automatically disqualified.
- All ineligible applicants will be automatically removed from the competition with no recourse or reimbursement.
- No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win the competition.
- Void wherever restricted or prohibited by law.