Paul Musille

Welcome!

Welcome to the High Performance Fast Computing Challenge Forum. Feel free to ask any questions you have here, or initiate a discussion about challenge!

42 Replies

Paul Musille
@Garrett George
Hi Garrett,

You should use your personal info for the business sections
Jordan Thistle
@Paul Musille
https://software.nasa.gov/software/LAR-18968-1 seems to not be working. Is there another way to get the software?
Randi Stewart
Is section 5. J. of the agreement is supposed to read "at least" age 18? As it is written now only 18 year-olds can enter.
Paul Musille
@Randi Stewart
Thanks for pointing this out Randi. This typo has been fixed to match the rules. Indeed, you must be 18 or older.
Paul Musille
@Jordan Thistle
The link is working ok now, but yes, this is the only place to apply for the software.
Ben
I may have a solution to the problem but I don't have the time and the money is too little. I will check back later with NASA after the challenge is over. Thanks for the info.
Krzysztof Chwalisz
Hi everybody. I dont want reward. I only want to help solving the problem.
Krzysztof Chwalisz
@Krzysztof Chwalisz
sorry im outside US. so good luck
Paul Musille
@Lai Ogunsola

You must be a US Person (this includes US Citizens, Permanent Residents/Green Card holders and those in the U.S. as a protected political asylee or under amnesty); currently on US soil; and age 18 or older.
Matt Ward
@Paul Musille
Are civil servants able to apply if the work is performed outside our normal duties?
-Matt
Paul Musille
@Matt Ward
Yes, you can participate. You cannot win any prize purse, however. NASA is currently working with its legal team to determine how any civil servant entry is handled as part of the competition. We will have an answer back to you shortly.
Paul Musille
@Matt Ward
Here is some additional information about participating as a civil servant:
"Yes, civil servants can participate, and can do so in their official capacity with supervisory approval. Civil servants are ineligible for the contractor-provided cash award. If you choose to submit a solution, please do so directly to hq-fastcomputingchallenge@mail.nasa.gov and indicate in your Subject line that this is an official submission and specify which of the two challenges it is associated with. More details will be provided once your submission is received and it is determined to meet the challenge criteria."
Roger Rehr
You should correct this incorrect statement:
FUN3D can be downloaded at https://software.nasa.gov/software/LAR-18968-1

Which is here:
https://herox.com/HPFCC/updates
Notes of Clarification on the Competition
2) Directions for accessing the FUN3D software
Paul Musille
@Roger Rehr
Hi Roger,
I updated the wording to reflect that this link points to the location where FUN3D access is requested (as opposed to downloaded).
Jordan Thistle
Anyone received there download authorization yet? I submitted almost 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten it yet. Puts a damper on getting anything done.
Paul Musille
@Jordan Thistle
Hi Jordan,
Given that the code is export controlled, NASA has a number of processes in place to verify who the code is going out to and why. Obviously, this can take a little while, especially given the influx of those interested in participating in this project. Expect an update soon describing a new timeline that will compensate for the delay in receiving the software.
Angelina Middleton
@Paul Musille
How long do you think the approval process might take? It has been nearly a month since I applied.
Paul Musille
@Angelina Middleton
Hi Angenlina,
Thanks for the continued patience! Unfortunately I don't have a timeline that I can share with you just yet. Please know however that you aren't at a disadvantage vs any other competitors, and rest assured that the upcoming timeline changes will provide the time needed to meaningfully compete. Please stay tuned!
Angelina Middleton
@Paul Musille
Did NASA consider simply increasing the qualifications required to participate? For example only citizens physically located within the United States. That requirement would reduce the number of competitors dramatically.
Paul Musille
@Angelina Middleton
Hi Angelina,
Those were in fact the requirements (US persons on US soil), but appropriately vetting the >1800 applications for the software was a large task regardless of the requirements.
Let these people know about your message