Ovidiu Dobre
Sept. 25, 2017
11:50 p.m. PDT

Use cases

Hi,

It is mentioned in Guidelines the Solution will be provided 300 use cases initially, then 10 new cases per week.

My question is: would this Solution be required to determine new use cases by itself or these would be provided by support team and the actual work needed from this Solution is to be able to select the appropriate use case based on user input?

Thanks.
3 Replies

Lex Berezhny
Sept. 26, 2017
6:29 p.m. PDT
Hi Ovidiu,

I'm a fellow competitor so I guess take what I say with a grain of salt but my impression is that "all of the above" would be the answer to your question.

The end goal is automated and accurate financial guidance to ordinary people and small business owners. I think part of the challenge is that we're supposed to come up with a vision of how to solve this problem in the best way possible. If having tax professionals define all of the tax scenarios is the only way then it is what it is and if there is a way to have AI or some other way to generate new scenarios then even better!

Good luck!

- lex

Paul Musille
Sept. 27, 2017
6:51 a.m. PDT
I think you've got it Lex. The 300 use cases plus additional over time can be used as training/learning sets to help build a new tool. Over time the goal is to take as much manual effort out of the process.

Ovidiu Dobre
Sept. 27, 2017
7:36 a.m. PDT
Thank you Paul and Lex for your responses.
Unless challenge sponsor gives a different answer, I will be using your suggestions in developing my solution.
Kind regards to you both.
Post Your Reply