kennie fold

Youtube video submission clarification.

Hello, I have a concept that considers the use and deployment of existing technologies. That being said, I was wondering, do I have to make my own video by recording myself and presenting my concept, or would it be allowed to source and upload an existing Youtube video which describes my proposed solutions technological aspects and basic functionality?
Modified on Aug. 20, 2020, 8:04 a.m. PDT
2 Replies

Broad Learnings
The idea submitted for your entry to this contest must be yours even though it could use and reference existing solutions. If the entirety of the idea is something already publicly available and described on YouTube, it would not qualify as your idea.

As for making videos, you are free to use clips or parts of videos (subject to appropriate copyright and licensing available for that content), to demonstrate your idea.”

kennie fold
Okay, awesome, thank you.

P.S. My concept does consider the use of an existing product. However, my solutions uniqueness attributes to how I have selected to re-utilize, distribute and merge the product into current curricular programs.

As for the use and selection of a Youtube video, I will be selecting a Youtube video for the purpose of providing visual aid when regarding product design, and to demonstrate the proposed products function.
Post Your Reply
Let these people know about your message