HeroX is Hiring...
We need a designer. Not a fashion designer. Not an interior designer. We need a UX/UI designer.
So, we are leveraging the power of the crowd to find one. Or two. If we get crazy, maybe even three.
Afterall, we really believe in the crowd. It's sort of what our platform is all about.
HeroX is looking for a dynamic and motivated UI/UX designer to join the team. We are doing big things, while staying small and agile. You probably have a resume. You may have put on a tie to go to an interview. There's a chance you have even sat in a cubicle at one point in your life. Well, sorry to disappoint you, but... we don't fit in the traditional mold for a company. We are a virtual company. Yep, we all work from different places in the world and we meet daily on video calls. We are guided by our core values, like courage, humility, and doing things the easy way. Ultimately, we believe in unlocking the global genius and connecting real world problems with their perfect solver. If you want to join our team, and you have wicked UX/UI skills, please -- submit an entry by clicking ACCEPT CHALLENGE today.
About the Role
In this role, you will be trailblazing a new frontier in User Interaction and Experience. You will not only research best-practices, but you will actively define them and contribute to a newly growing industry, to help set the standard and contribute to memorable industry-defining milestones. You will be collaborating with production, game design, art and engineering to design, prototype and test user friendly interactions.
- Prototyping interactions for Web applications.
- Collaborate with the product team in developing efficient UI systems.
- Collaborate with the team in developing user-friendly experiences.
- Identify opportunities/improvements in current designs and iterate on new solutions.
- Coordinate usability testing and create action plans for UX improvements.
- Define and push the visual style of the features while ensuring that it remains cohesive.
- You are up to date with the latest design techniques, trends, and technologies.
- Ability to work from home, we are a remote company!
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams in a dynamic and iterative setting.
- Work with the team to define, refine and scope requirements.
- Experience with user-centric design and the ability to create easy to understand user-flows and diagrams.
- You have a portfolio showcasing a variety of projects, be prepared to talk about some of your work.Work closely on concepts and production until architectural and usability requirements are met.
- Experience working in InvisionApp, Agile methodology, Jira, Marvel, Sketch , Photoshop, Illustrator, or comparable alternatives.
- 3+ years of industry experience as a UI/UX designer. Preferably in SaaS or the web services platform area.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, who is confident in driving UX and UI forward. You are a ‘user-first’ advocate, with a keen understanding of usability and streamlining flows. You love to work with others and collaborate in a fast-paced environment, identify challenges and risks, and rapidly experiment with and improve the overall experience for our Users. You facilitate strong and productive working relationships. You love fun team culture and enjoy socializing. You don’t just UX your work, you UX your life!
Not everone is perfect, but it would be stellar if you had some of these competencies:
- Brainpower - Quick Learner
- Analysis skills
- Strategic Thinking - Superhero Visioning
- Creative - Innovative
If that doesn't challenge you enough, maybe you could also be someone who:
- Moves Fast
- Has Integrity / Honesty
- Follows Through on Commitments
- Pays Attention to Detail
- Is Flexible / Adaptable
What Can You Do Right Now?
- Click “ACCEPT CHALLENGE” to sign up for the challenge and view the submission form.
- Share this challenge on social media using the icons above. Show your friends, your family, or anyone you know who is a UX/UI designer.
- Start a conversation in our Forum to join the conversation, ask questions or connect with other innovators.
How to Apply
First, Click ACCEPT CHALLENGE above.
Then, select one of the three options below as your test assignment to show us your UX/UI skills.
- Challenge Page Redesign
- Visit THIS PAGE for an example Challenge Page to review. Provide your suggested UX/UI improvements.
- Challenge Creation Process Flow Redesign
- Visit OUR HOMEPAGE and try to create a challenge. Provide your suggested UX/UI improvements.
- Browse OUR SITE and select your favorite opportunities for UX/UI improvements.
As general guidance, we recommend you spend +/- 8 hours on your test assignment.
Once you've completed your test assignment, upload the design to the Submission Form as a PDF.
- The winner will interview for an opportunity to work with HeroX in either a full-time UX/UI designer position or as a contractor, pending a mutual agreement between both parties. Both full-time positions and hourly contract work will be compensated with a market competitive salary.
- The winner will receive an hour of "Virtual Coffee" with an Executive at HeroX
- The top three competitors will receive written feedback on their design
- All eligible participants will be added to HeroX's exclusive designer network for early notice of future Art & Design related challenges.
We are serious about hiring a designer - as such, HeroX is exploring several avenues to find the perfect fit. Apply today for your chance to join our team.
Our staff will be reviewing each design carefully. We will be awarding points to the designs that are:
- Intuitive: 25%
- How easily can a new user navigate the new design? Is the learning curve steep or flat?
- Beautiful: 25%
- Is the design aesthetically appealing?
- Creative: 25%
- within HeroX Brand Alignment: 25%
- Does the new design flow with our existing HeroX branding?
Note: The purpose of this challenge is to find a UX/UI designer that is a perfect fit for our team. While the test assignment is a good reflection of the candidates’ level of talent, there are many other factors that go into making a hire decision. As such, the #1 best design may not result in the overall challenge winner.
The challenge is open to all adult individuals. Individuals may originate from any country.
Submissions must be made in English. All challenge-related communication will be in English.
To be eligible to compete, you must comply with all the terms of the challenge as defined in the Challenge-Specific Agreement.
Registration and Submissions:
Submissions must be made online (only), via upload to the HeroX.com website, on or before 4:59 pm EST on September 21, 2018. No late submissions will be accepted.
Intellectual Property Rights:
As detailed in the Challenge-Specific Agreement – Innovator will retain all intellectual property rights to their technology.
By participating in the challenge, each competitor agrees to submit only their original idea. Any indication of "copying" amongst competitors is grounds for disqualification.
All applications will go through a process of due diligence; any application found to be misrepresentative, plagiarized, or sharing an idea that is not their own will be automatically disqualified.
All ineligible applicants will be automatically removed from the competition with no recourse or reimbursement.
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win the competition.
Void wherever restricted or prohibited by law.