You can submit as many tips as you like by clicking on the orange button above. Each tip will become public for voting after the submission deadline.
You will need to complete the following for each tip:
- Your Tip
- Provide a captivating title/headline for your tip (max 140 characters, including spaces)
- Description of your tip (max 1000 characters, including spaces)
- What category best describes your tip? Your tip doesn't need to fit perfectly in a category, just select which is most representative.
- Leisure and Entertainment
- Your info
- Please provide the name we should use to attribute the tip to you? (First Name, Nickname, etc.)
- What country are you located in? We’ll also include this when we attribute the tip to you.
- What non-profit would you like your proceeds to go to should you win?
- Would you like to become a part of the Gaea Project community? If yes, please enter your email address.
- What are your social media handles? We'd love to tag you when we share your tip!
- Confirm you accept the Competitor Agreement (view here)
What makes a great Climate Tip?
- Specific and actionable
- Simple & Easy
- Able to be implemented on a regular basis in daily life
- Fun to read
- Quantify the impact, if possible
- What could you do tomorrow?
- Include links to sources as appropriate
What kind of tips are we not looking for?
There are many ways to support our environment. In this project, we are looking specifically for tips and hacks that are simple and easy to implement in day to day life. The more unique the better. Here are a few examples of what we are not looking for because they are not a daily action:
- Add solar panels to your house
- Downsize your home
- Buy an electric car
Here's an example of a tip for the workplace:
Cut down on your paper waste!
No better place to start your climate change at work initiatives than by reducing paper. Technology was supposed to offer us a paperless office. Nope, didn’t happen. Big box stores still sell tons of filing cabinets every year. And most paper that is printed actually gets thrown away. At a minimum, recycle that paper!
Here is the 2 step process to reducing your paper
- Ask yourself, do I really need to print it? Then ask yourself one more time, why do I need to print? This will probably cut your printing by one half.
- If you do need to print after thinking about it twice, then feel comfortable in your decision. But don’t throw it away when done. Flip it over and print on the other side! There, you have cut your paper waste by another half.
Bingo! Your paper usage is cut by 75%!
And finally, when you do have to dispose of it, don’t throw it away. Put it in the recycling.
Please review the Competitor Agreement here for complete rules.
If you’re under 13, you must have an adult submit the tip on your behalf using your parent's account. However, you can still include your name in the attribution.
Submissions must be in English; although we are looking forward to accepting other languages in the future. All challenge-related communication will be in English.
Intellectual Property Rights:
You will retain ownership of your tip and grant us a royalty-free license to use it in perpetuity. The tip will be attributed to you.
We might have similar tips already to what you submit, and those pre-existing tips will not be attributed to you if you submit something similar.
- By participating in the challenge, each competitor agrees to submit only their original idea. Any indication of "copying" amongst competitors is grounds for disqualification.
- All applications will go through a process of due diligence; any application found to be misrepresentative, plagiarized, or sharing an idea that is not their own will be automatically disqualified.
- All ineligible applicants will be automatically removed from the competition with no recourse or reimbursement.
- No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win the competition.
- Void wherever restricted or prohibited by law.