menu
Petr Mík
June 2, 2020
7:39 a.m. PDT

ecological sand mining

We now introduce you to our ecological sand mining using solar energy, pipes and atmospheric air. The key system of our extraction depends on the suction of air from the atmosphere and the subsequent swirling of sand. The air intake system from the atmosphere would run on electricity from solar panels. The whole process begins with solar panels, which supply electricity to the entire sand mine. The electricity will be used to operate an underground probe, cameras, lights and an air intake system. We will now describe the system of ecological sand mining. The solar panels supply electricity to the air intake systems, then the air travels through the pipes at high speed and the sand swirls. The sand travels together with the atmospheric air back to the surface by means of pipes. The underground probe will measure the composition of the soil and thus provide us with a view of the current amount of sand in the mining site. The goal of our mining is ecology and economics.
Attachments
2 Replies

Michael Docherty moderator
June 2, 2020
8:05 a.m. PDT
deleted
Comment Removed

Michael Docherty moderator
June 2, 2020
8:06 a.m. PDT
@Petr Mík
Thanks for your note, but this forum is intended for questions and comments of general interest to the community. If you would like Rio Tinto to consider this or other ideas in response to the challenge, please provide a submission form with that information.
thanks
Mike

Petr Mík
June 17, 2020
9:10 a.m. PDT
Hello, I apologize, but let me mention the change of our project. From our original design, only satellite technology would be used. We are considering, however, that the energy source would be practically preserved, but instead of solar panels, a shadow generator would be used and a radioisotope reactor would also be used. Now I would like to ask you if you think that this source of energy could be used for the extraction of mineral sands. Thank you and have a nice day.
Post Your Reply