Steve Willis

Example sediment removal sites

It would be very useful if a few target cases could be described. It is recognized that there will be enormous variation from case to case but a few specific locations will help in the identification of key issues and opportunities.
Please include details such as;
- reservoir depth
- amount of sediment to be removed
- size and type of sediment to be moved - sand/mud, consolidated/loose, density, geochemical composition, presence of large pieces such as logs, sensitivity of wildlife
- seasonal nature of water flow
- access to roads and power supplies

Many Thanks
8 Replies

Kyla Jeffrey
HeroX team
@Steve Willis
Hi Steve, great suggestion and we will work to put together something.
Tagged: Steve Willis

Naturale Desalination
Images like this?
Attachments

Naturale Desalination
Or images like #2:
Attachments

Ruslan
Привет!
Пожалуйста поправьте меня если я ошибаюсь. Я правильно понял, что проблема в следующем:
1. Осадки (шлам, глина, песок, ил) перед дамбами гидроэлектростанций, способы чистки и предотвращение их накапливания;
2. Осадки (шлам, глина, песок, ил) в неглубоких реках, способы чистки и предотвращение их накапливания;
3. Осадки (шлам, глина, песок, ил) в водохранилищах, способы чистки и предотвращение их накапливания.
Или на сайте решение проблем происходит локальное по конкретной проблеме?

Petr Mík
@Ruslan
Can you please write in English?
Tagged: Ruslan

Naturale Desalination
Ruslan -- Translation is= Hello! Please correct me if I'm wrong. I correctly understood that the problem is as follows: 1. Sediments (sludge, clay, sand, silt) in front of hydroelectric dams, methods of cleaning and preventing their accumulation; 2. Sediments (sludge, clay, sand, silt) in shallow rivers, methods of cleaning and preventing their accumulation; 3. Sediments (sludge, clay, sand, silt) in reservoirs, methods of cleaning and preventing their accumulation. Or does the site solve problems locally for a specific problem?

You are correct. I am looking at using the water depth behind the dam to power suction that will allow the vacuuming up of the Sediments into a flexible tube which will be connected to a horizontal pipeline at a 1 to 3 percent grade down and around the dam to have the Sediments separated as needed and water end up in the water body to continues on.

Petr Mík
@Naturale Desalination
Thank you.

Kyla Jeffrey
HeroX team
You may have seen the update posted earlier; however, I wanted to make sure I brought your attention to the case studies we recently posted here: https://www.herox.com/GuardiansoftheReservoir/resources
Post Your Reply
Let these people know about your message