Antoine CHEVRON

terminology

Hey! I just got one question about the use of the word "digital" as opposed to "analogic". Sorry for that, English is not my mother tongue...

The question is :
Digital does it refer to "mathematically discreet" parameters as opposed to analogic as mathematically continuous, or to "relied at one end to an informatics system".

Again I apologize if the sense seems naturally clear to you, but it does matter.
Thanks!

22 Replies

Patrick Mantzouridis
Learn what DNA is and how it is working. Then you will understand. :-)

*There are hundreds of videos on YouTube.
Modified on July 25, 2019, 6:18 p.m. PDT
Deleted
Antoine CHEVRON - I believe we are searching here invention, so youtube will take you on many clear and unclear sides of information, play with your own thought what is digital in your life sense and what analog, just suggestion :)
Modified on Sept. 23, 2019, 2:09 p.m. PDT
Antoine CHEVRON
If I'm right the whole point of this is about understanding how DNA works, if answer is on YouTube, what are we looking for exactly?

Thanks for helping anyway!

I kind of stepped out from that project for now, because I think there is a methodological bias: the metaphor of the informatic code became the aiming point of the research. Always be careful with bright revelation relying on analogies and read Bachelard "formation of scientific spirit" (not sure about translation of the title). Sorry about all that scepticism, I don't mean to put your motivation down, it's clearly a fascinating topic!

If it helps somebody else, I think there is some development to find in chemistry of metallic catalysis, I mean stuff about metallic ions (iron and manganese) in solution.

Good luck.
Deleted
@Antoine CHEVRON
never ever give up i believe you helped with your thoughts expressed here to someone at least to myself :)

Good luck same to you
Tagged: Antoine CHEVRON
Patrick Mantzouridis
DNA is literally coded information. All the genetic instructions for the development, functioning, growth and reproduction, is written in a code in 4 "digits": A (Adenine), G (Guanine), C (Cytosine) and T (Thymine) - the fundamental units of the genetic code.

Do yourself a favor and go check how DNA is working, you will understand.
Now, the problem is something like the chicken or the egg.
As long as there is a code/"program" for everything living, how this started? From where did it get all that information to built itself?
Do you think you know the answer and you can prove it? 10 millions are waiting for you.
Modified on Sept. 24, 2019, 1:17 p.m. PDT
Deleted
@Patrick Mantzouridis
what is DNA for yourself, your own thoughts :)
Patrick Mantzouridis
I don't understand what you mean. It isn't about opinions. It is what it is.
Patrick Mantzouridis
*If it helps, I am Agnostic.
Deleted
@Patrick Mantzouridis
you are right :)
Antoine CHEVRON
@Patrick I didn't meant to contempt you, sorry if you felt like, it's just that I don't think people get into this kind of problem without minimal understanding of DNA mechanisms. I was p1ssed off by your answer because it shows a lot of contempt from your side. But now I understand you don't even realize it and you wrote your answer with a lot of good will.
Deleted
@Antoine CHEVRON why sorry man :) this is collaboration space and Im not sure what is DNA but if we have it end to end on youtube this site would not exist im sure.
freestylethinker
@Ivica Rados
It's a really interesting conversation, I agreed with you that if youtube have the solutions we don't need to gather here. But my doubt does our little brain have the essential information to find the answer, if we start playing with own thought we will able to compute the limited information which we already know. In my view consuming the proper information is important accepting the logic or not it's on our will. No calculation can calculate unless feed with the relevant data.
Please do let me know what you think about it, I would love to hear your view over it, how you see it.
Tagged: Deleted
Antoine CHEVRON
As I'm kind of out of this project, and not the kind of guy jealously holding informations if it can help, I would like to use this post to give some partial conclusions I ended up by working on the topic.

First key, the one I guess we won't be able to crack soon, even winning this prize, is about genetic code himself. It is very relevant to notice that genetic code makes 21 amino acid with 64 potential combinations of ATGC (3 codons so 4^3). I fear our mathematical models are still not enough evolved to understand really why. I mean if in 3-4,5 Gy of evolution, the genetic code does not exploit all the possibles combinations, there must be some kind of deeper reason than just "nature lacks imagination".

Second key is about geometrical combinations of organic compounds: organic stuff creates c-c boundaries about 109°, and this is not natural tendencies of carbon, this key is somehow related to the need of organic to use some metallic ions like iron or manganese and at the very end, is related to the complex d-layer of transition element, that makes different ionic complexes with compounds like cyanide or ammonia, here is geometrical consideration, but using quantic model that does not fit classical geometry.

You can find a lot of literature (not YouTube stuff, I mean serious papers, go to library or use sci-hub) about ionic complexes and the way it could have been related to the origin of life, in combination with cyanide and ammonia and other stuff (primitive soup hypothesis).

Third key is about not losing yourself too much into theorical considerations and make some try with empirical attitude. But it needs to have a lab available, and this is where I cannot follow my own ideas because it makes a lot of investment for a very thin chance of success, and also require a lot of knowledge about experimental chemistry, long way for maybe nothing at the end, seems like "the research of absolute" ( Flaubert), are we some kind of modern alchemists?

Second key is maybe able to crack for someone with good geometrical skills, I would dig deeper in that direction if I didn't fell like chasing other butterflies, but you won't succeed that direction without going deep into chemical models, mixing with considerations upon redox potentials.

Hope it helped!
Deleted
@Ravindra Negi
hi, i believe brain with many other functions has important one and this is to store and make available information when needed.
We need to work how to manage it smoothly without everyday obstacles coming from us and everything around us :)
When talking about brain, if we connect "him" with other senses he will help us to store only important things for you since you make yourself more structured and focused, from my point we went from analog to digital - just one example, if we dont complete some activity till the end, listening cds bought in cd shop with true will, by the end we jeopardize our self, this can be compared with online listening, we interrupt music with advertisements on frequent way, people create lists for them own even dont enjoy music from start just take out from archive, like it, and that is it, empty feeling :)
When didit anyone listen last time cd from beginning till the end and let their brain complete cycle of archive :) anyhow if we connect heart and brain you will manage to lead your time and happening in same. people should be people, digital should be much more clear to his purpose it should from my point be balanced or managed for both success much more. :)
freestylethinker
@Ivica Rados
Well, I little disagree with your statement here that we need to make available information on our own, we have been evolving continuously. Our brain has enormous capacity to store and calculate information. There are lots of people already made some milestones by working on the problems and if we sit down isolated and think about the solution it's hard to reach anywhere as mankind. Think about long stairs going upwards(towards the wisdom/ultimate truth), the beauty here is we don't need to start from the beginning. Even we are talking here because we have some base over which we are implementing our own thoughts. We have the freedom to implement or innovate existing knowledge.
About CD I think it varies from individual to individual not applicable to everyone.
freestylethinker
@Antoine CHEVRON
Thank you for the information, Antoine. I also believe in the philosophy, together we can achieve more. :)
Deleted
@Ravindra Negi
Can you please advise me where i wrote we should do it alone? It start with every one of us in otlrder to improve with others. Regarding cd or anything else my point is from my experience only to myself, i dont know to play cricket maybe i will never but people who play know what is formula of success.
Deleted
@Ravindra Negi
Regarding philosophy, I believe we are here because of it! Agree with both of you, this is some progress regarding name of the topic of forum.
freestylethinker
@Ivica Rados
It's really good, discussing with you here. Please don't take anything personally.
Deleted
@Ravindra Negi
You are right, when i read it once again sounds a bit strange :))) i wrote this from the bus on my way to work, big hi to everyone from Saudi Arabia,, i love this and hopefully tonight will have time and engage with you even more. I see this as great place for start of discovery of semething crutial in order to put us all together to the goal of growth in our areas we are interested in :)
Let these people know about your message