Outside US

Hello,

Is it possible to participate from outside the US
4 Replies

X@UNSN
April 2, 2017
10:45 a.m. PDT
Apologies, I've hit send too early.

My question was is it possible to participate and potentially win but simply not be eligible to receive the cash prize in case the participant is not a US resident?

Thanks in advance

Lesept
April 5, 2017
3:06 a.m. PDT
The guidelines explicitely say "To be eligible for the cash prizes, individuals must be age 18 at the time of entry and U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States", so this is clear: non US citizens cannot win nor be finalists. I suggest this should be explicitely stated from the beginning, to prevent us non US citizens to begin thinking for nothing.

Paul Musille
April 6, 2017
12:34 p.m. PDT
@X Unsn
To clarify the questions around eligibility for winning a prize: NIST funding and the legal authority under which the government runs the competition requires that cash prize money goes to U.S. citizens or permanent residents, or businesses that have a U.S. base or operational presence.
Teams can have a leader who is eligible to win a prize and can be designated to recieve the payment.
Participation is open and entries will be considered, but not eligible for the prize money.

X@UNSN
April 6, 2017
12:41 p.m. PDT
Thank you, @Paul,

This is exactly what I needed to know. I really appreciate your answer.

Best
Post Your Reply
Let these people know about your message