We are proud to announce the winners in NASA's $25,000 Lunar Delivery Challenge!
This challenge tasked innovators from around the world to propose solutions to unload cargo from lunar landers.
By the submission deadline, we received over 220 submissions. In total, NASA is awarding $25,000 USD across six different entries and recognizing an additional six entries with an honorable mention award.
You can view more details on the winning entries here.
We will also be hosting a panel discussion with NASA and the 1st and 2nd place winners - register here.
- First Prize, $10,000
- Lightweight Inflatable Delivery System (LIDS) by Lauren Fell
- Second Prize, $4,500
- OO.A - The mOOngoAt by Team FRD
- Scalable Payload Delivery System (SPaDes) by Team SPaDes
- Third Prize, $2,000
- Lunar- Transporter and Gantry (L-TAG) by Team AA-Star
- Modular Lunar Cargo Handling System by Team Sparkletron
- Truss Manipulator by Wendell Chun
- Charlotte by Thomas Gibson
- Lunar-MULE (Mobile Unmanned Loading Elevator) Rogelio Morales by Ingenuity Tree
- Oooo The Claw by Ooooo The CLAW Team
- Project Bowstring: A Slide to the Surface by Amelia Rolf
- Smart FOX by Santiago Forcada Pardo
- Tritron Lunar Unloading and Positioning System by Jeff Morse
We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who entered the challenge. While we were only able to recognize a small fraction of those who entered, there were so many other insightful solutions, we are confident that many of the participants will do great things in the future. Thank you all for helping make this challenge a huge success.
We would also like to thank all of our supporters, partners, judges, and anyone else who in any way contributed to our competition community. Without you, we would not have had the challenge that we did.