The Best 60-Seconds You'll Ever Spend
Good news: HeroX is growing. Better news: We're sourcing the next generation of the HeroX team right out of our crowdsourcing community (that's you.) And the best news of all? The process for being considered only takes an internet connection, a smartphone, and two minutes of your time. All you have to do is make a 90-second (max) video of yourself answering one question. You can get a lot from a first impression. We'll take it from there.
What's the Catch?
It may go without saying, but not everyone who submits a video is going to get a role at HeroX. If your video does resonate with us, the hiring process will continue to a secondary application and screening process, which will ultimately decide your fit.
The Method Behind the Madness
What sets HeroX apart from a lot of organizations is that we put company culture above all else. Maybe you've heard that line before, but as any team member can tell you, we live by it. So before we even consider what kind of role someone fits into, we want to really get to know them: what inspires, what irks, the success stories, the devastating failures, and (most importantly) their most audacious dreams. So go ahead and lay it on thick
Travel to Our HQ
Every single day, team members travel thousands of miles across multiple time zones to come together for this world-changing work. For most of us, this involves putting some coffee on, changing our shirt, petting the cat, checking the mirror, and sitting down at our home office desks. In one click, we're surrounded by some of our favorite people, and the magic starts to happen -- 100% remotely. The joke is that we have no physical HQ. As an entirely cloud-based workforce, we only leave our houses to get a change of scenery. We take client calls and team meetings while sunning on Hawaiian beaches, perched outside of a Berlin cafe, camping in a National Park, and occasionally from horseback.
Sound nice? Maybe even like "the dream"? We sure think so, and we can't wait to share it with more amazing folks like you.
So you think you wanna HeroX full-time? Here's what you need to do.
1) Take out your smart phone and record a 90-second (max) video* of you answering this one question: If we’re sitting here a year from now celebrating what a great year it’s been for you working at HeroX, what did we achieve together?
*Videos will be publicly visible on the HeroX page once submitted.
2) Upload your video to Youtube or Vimeo and send us the link by clicking ACCEPT CHALLENGE.
3) If the video resonates with us, we'll send you a passcode to continue to the second round of applications. Here, we'll evaluate if you fit into the kick-ass culture of HeroX.
4) Next, successful applicants will be given a test project specific to their role and a chance to interview with your (potential) future colleagues!
Check out our open roles for a picture of our current needs.
Don't see the right role for you? Apply anyways to have a headstart when future opportunities open up.
What is the opportunity?
The Client-Side Developer will become a crucial member of our Product Team, working closely with our Head of Product and our UX designer to deliver pixel perfect code which includes everything that a client sees and interacts with.
The selected Client-Side Developer will be responsible for:
- Creating and building complex, maintainable client-side applications
- Creating HTML/CSS pages from provided designs
- Supporting, refining and suggesting improvements to the current code base
- Following Agile/Scrumban development process
- Providing expertise and suggesting best practices for the Product team
- HTML5, CSS3
- Responsive layout principles
- Client-side optimization
- Git, github
- Basic design and UX principles
- JIRA, Kanban