TheGuyver2040

Contest Requirements

Wouldn't it have been more practical to have us focus on a single sub-segment that has a high growth potential, rather than have us deal with several?

Also, you've requested industry leaders that target companies that do at least $100 million in sales, but if these industry leaders are able to attract high-end accounts on their own, why would they need your help?

The focus here should have been on burgeoning fields with high growth potential that haven't yet hit their stride in Europe.

4 Replies

GP Investments
Hi there! The idea is to have a broad enough challenge to allow contestants to approach it from their areas of expertisea. If there is a specific sub-segment that you believe is highly attractive, with relevant growth potential, please feel free to focus on that.

Best
TheGuyver2040
I wasn't aware. Based on your response to one of the previous questions, I thought it was mandatory that entrants submit a comprehensive study on several sub-segments. I made a list last week, but once I saw how involved each of my sub-segments was over the weekend, I abandoned the work.

In light of your recent responses to our queries, would it be possible for you to extend the deadline by even a few days, if not a full week; maybe giving us until Thursday (2/7/19) to submit our work?

I still have the list of sub-segments on hand. I could incorporate them as an fyi somewhere in the beginning of the report, but deal exclusively with the one I feel offers the greatest growth potential.
TheGuyver2040
This is the response I was referring to:

12/5/18:

We are open to the output being in any format (Word, PPT, Excel) as long as all the information requested is represented.

As a sample here follows a possible outline for an output on power point:
- objective
- brief description of the sources and process you used to capture the information
- Overview of sub-segments (summary of your research, i.e. chart of proposed sub-segments, with their application, growth etc...)
- Overview of targets (summary of best possible targets listed in order from best to worst, i.e. their revenue, EBITDA, location, ownership, and reason for recommendation)
- individual analysis of each sub-segment (listed in overview sub-segment slide)
- overview of sub-segemnt (description, application, etc...)
- outlook of sub-segment (growth)
- key players in the sub-segment
- proposed targets for sub-segment
- repeat for all sub-segments
- appendix (any additional information you found that you think would be helpful)

There was a follow-up question, but you responded just yesterday.

1/28/19:

"There is no need to have detailed financial information for all the potentially attractive companies you identify."

And, there was a question asked back in December, but you also responded just yesterday.

1/28/19

"...our challenge is very broad by design. Feel free to frame it the way you consider most appropriate. There might be interesting industrial segments and companies along the several value chains."

If at all possible, please grant us a little more time to submit our work, based on your recent responses.
GP Investments
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. We have decided to extend the contest an extra week in order to accomdate anyone who may be finishing up their submissions.
Let these people know about your message