Building Community: Peer motivation & Company
An app makes the pursuit of wellness more fun by helping people find good company and peer motivation nearby. Thus, building up community.
3. Opportunity: Which pillar of well-being, and which aspect of that particular pillar, are being addressed by the idea? In what way does it influence a pillar? What type of individual and community would benefit from the idea?
Physical activity, a major aspect of the "Body" pillar of well-being, is greatly improved through the peer motivation and "doing it in good company."
There is mental motivation, the emotional support from peers, and more "fun" in doing things together.
The individual whose enthusiasm for activity might otherwise wane over time is likely to benefit the most. People new to communities, or looking to make connections, shall benefit.
5. Action Plan: Please justify and briefly describe the major steps needed to make this idea a reality. Does the technology and understanding exist now? Is it likely to exist in the next 3-5 years?
1. App development (or co-branding with an existing app).
Integration with lululemon design, philosophy, user communities.
2. Privacy and safety features built in from the ground up. How do we verify a user? How do we track locations to ensure safety of participants? How is smartphone GPS data logged and how long after is it deleted? Etc.
3. How do we encourage community spirit activities, meetups, environment-conscious ridesharing (or even equipment sharing!), etc.
4. Start as free, and then turn into freemium?