Allow shoppers to submit an image of themselves "modelling" their Lululemon gear to be used in the in-store ads.
3. Opportunity: Which pillar of well-being, and which aspect of that particular pillar, are being addressed by the idea? In what way does it influence a pillar? What type of individual and community would benefit from the idea?
Body: This promotes body positivity as the images of non-typical models will inspire shoppers like them to see themselves as beautiful.
Community: This will be essentially a real-life in-person instagram feed; allowing participants and their friends to see their "modeling" skills on display in real life. It will be a source of interest and inspiration.
4. Innovation: Why is your idea unique, novel, and/or impactful? What will the future look like if we’re successful in bringing your idea to life? How does the proposed solution differ from existing solutions addressing human well-being?
No other brand uses customer images for their in-store ads. It is similar to what many are trying in their online stores, allowing users to post images of themselves in the product, but it goes the next step; essentially saying to the world "all of our customers are beautiful".
5. Action Plan: Please justify and briefly describe the major steps needed to make this idea a reality. Does the technology and understanding exist now? Is it likely to exist in the next 3-5 years?
The technology for this certainly exists now. The major steps include:
- Create the platform, create the image guidelines
- Purchase and install the screens at the store locations participating in the first phase
- Promote the idea to store employees
- Launch and begin each feed using store employees
- Promote the idea to shoppers and on normal marketing channels (facebook groups etc)
- Collect images and post them to the screens
- Promote the activity