3. Opportunity: Which pillar of well-being, and which aspect of that particular pillar, are being addressed by the idea? In what way does it influence a pillar? What type of individual and community would benefit from the idea?
On the app, users must grow a plant from a seed(virtual reality pet). To water the plant, users need to walk or travel to locations(stores, community parks, etc) or donate to a charity to ‘buy’ supplies. There are small competitions where users show off plants, are judged, and win virtual awards and gift cards. People are made to go out more, they walk more, they better the community.
4. Innovation: Why is your idea unique, novel, and/or impactful? What will the future look like if we’re successful in bringing your idea to life? How does the proposed solution differ from existing solutions addressing human well-being?
The idea is unique in that the users are invested emotionally to the virtual pet, an incentive to get out of their homes and visit parks, clean up litter, visit stores, etc. Existing solutions often discount technology’s benefits. This app will integrate phones into real life involvement. If it’s successful, more children and adults will travel to public spaces. Brick stores will be fostered, saving jobs. Charities will be donated to.
5. Action Plan: Please justify and briefly describe the major steps needed to make this idea a reality. Does the technology and understanding exist now? Is it likely to exist in the next 3-5 years?
The technology exists. They made Pokémon go after all... it is likely to exist within 5 years.
1. Local stores design routes for people to go to, set up gps at parks and museums.
2. Lululemon contacts popular charities to add to the app.
3. App is designed
1. Plant designs are made.
2. Virtual reality aspect is added(can take picture of plant in real life settings)
3. The store is set up to sell charity donations for plant supplies
4. A network for users and a leader board is set up
5. Competitions and events are designed(community votes for best plant, collect all stamps from visiting .
locations to gain new seeds for a themed plant
6. App is tested
7. App is released