Today, the U.S. Department of Energy announced first-, second-, and third-place winners in each of the three Solar District Cup divisions. And this afternoon, the public is invited to help select the Project Pitch Champion from among the first-place teams!
The first-, second-, and third-place teams, as well as honorable mentions, in each division are as follows:
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania division:
- 1st: Creighton University
- 2nd: Appalachian State University
- 3rd: Illinois State University
- Honorable Mention: Northeast Lakeview College and San Antonio College
- Honorable Mention: Texas Southern University
The Ohio State University division:
- 1st: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- 2nd: Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Case Western Reserve University, and The University of Texas at Dallas
- 3rd: NC State University
- Honorable Mention: Georgia Institute of Technology
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory division:
- 1st: Drexel University
- 2nd: Carnegie Mellon University
- 3rd: University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus
- Honorable Mention: University of Colorado Boulder
Congratulations to all of the Class of 2021-2022 teams that participated in this year’s competition.
Next up: the final Pitch Championship is 2 - 3 p.m. EDT! Watch live as the three first-place teams in each division present brief project pitches to a public audience, who will then vote on their favorite presentation to determine the Project Pitch Champion.
Register now to join the Solar District Cup Pitch Championship and tune in to cast your vote today at 2 p.m. EDT!