Tom Nguyen

privacy and security

found this article.
http://mashable.com/2017/02/14/india-aadhaar-uidai-privacy-security-debate/

I'm extremely concern with this issue as it is inextricably linked to the patient ID. The trade-off is not justified. Recently, I had to learn blockchain (ethereum) to use the best method to store biometrics and other health data under the control of each person. If any team is interested and looking for extra hands, please PM me soon. Without a solution to address the privacy / security, we won't see any significant traction in the US. Providers are getting hacked left and right. No thanks.

1 Reply

Michael Braithwaite
Tom:
The image at the link shown depicts capturing live-faces-in-the-wild (LFW), which are associated to a facial biometric False Match Rate (FMR) of 1/100~1/1000. This FMR applied to the US population would generate approximately 1 million false matches for each person/probe searched! This kind of surreptitious “biometric ID theft” is strictly the domain of Hollywood fantasy. The math is called the biometric birthday problem, which relates to how many people does it take when it is likely two have the same birthday? Ans=26. The biometric birthday problem is fundamental to the limited facial data and not a function of technology capability or maturity. How many people does it take before a LFW Doppelganger occurs? Ans=38. The image at the link is absolute fiction. Biometric privacy for personal apps remains secure.
Let these people know about your message