Since our first webinar was held, we've been receiving many questions via firstname.lastname@example.org regarding clarifications for the Phase 1 submission. Some of these questions have overlapped in theme and so I'd like to utilise this post to highlight a few key points from our first webinar:
- Your solution can comprise of:
- A novel method of collecting data and/or;
- A novel way of aggregating and compiling existing data sources
- Your submission must report on real overdose data. The Overdose Results Table (Tableau des résultats des surdoses) outlines how we would like the overdose data (including the mandatory defining factors) presented.
- An extensive list of examples of mandatory and additional defining factors can be found on the first tab (titled "Instructions") of both the Overdose Results Table and the Data Sources Document (Document sur les sources des données)
- A completed Overdose Results Table and Data Sources Document is required for submission
- Category 1 of overdoses (suspected non-fatal, community supported) is a data gap for stakeholders across Canada, and therefore a submission which reports data on this type of overdose will be rewarded with more points during judging (see the definition of overdose categories and judging criteria in the Guidelines section)
- The official submission must be done through the HeroX portal. After registering as an innovator you can access the portal by clicking the orange "Begin Entry" button at the top of the page. You are able to save your answers to the questions asked and come back to them at a later date.
If you were unable to attend the webinar, you can find the presentation slides (in pdf format) and a recording in the Resources section.
As always, should you have any questions, please post them in the Forum section of our webpage or send an e-mail to email@example.com