NIOSH has selected the following winners to share in the $55,000 prize pool for the Protective Clothing Challenge. Head to the challenge page to see more information.
The winners are:
- 1st place ($25,000) - Omni-Fit PPE Gown with Contamination Indicator, submitted by NBU/ED Collaboration Group
- 2nd place ($15,000) - Apples-2-Apples Measures + Pattern Drafting Method, submitted by Susan Sokolowski's team
- 3rd place (1) ($5,000) - Bifunctional AAMI Surgical Sleeve, submitted by Maine Lee Technology Group, LLC
- 3rd place (2) ($5,000) - PPE Advanced Fit Certification for Organizations, submitted by Katie Schumacher
- 3rd place (3) ($5,000) - Covering all by improving unisex sizing, submitted by Fatma Baytar.
We would also like to recognize the other teams who participated in this challenge. Great work was submitted by a variety of teams and competitors. While they will not be receiving prizes, we would like to commend them for their excellent submissions.
We are so excited to announce these winners. It was not a simple decision. The winners will each receive their respective prizes in the coming weeks.
Congratulations once again to our winners!