Duquesne Light Company has selected the following finalists to share the Phase 1 prize money of $50,000 and move on to prototype their solutions in Phase 2. The finalists are:
- Real-Time Infrastructure Monitoring System, submitted by SENTIR
- Out the pit: Smart Cable Guard monitors the grid , submitted by SCG
- Shining a Light on Duquesne’s Underground Cables, submitted by Hyperion
- Integrated Cable Condition Monitoring, submitted by Kinectrics
- AI Enhanced Cable Failure Prediction via RF, submitted by Top Solvers
Next the finalist teams will participate in Phase 2: Proof of Concept - Prototype Demonstration. Over the next 9 months they will develop and submit their test plans and then build and test their prototypes. They will then submit their technical design and test results to be evaluated and up to 2 finalists will then move forward to Phase 3: Live Field Testing - Pilot Deployment.
Congratulations once again to our finalists! Stay tuned as we update you on the progress of this challenge.