We are proud to announce the ten finalist teams in the US Department of Agriculture’s ARSX2021 Challenge - Harvest for a Healthier Future.
ARSX2021 tasked scientists and researchers to propose high-risk, high-reward ideas that will help achieve a resilient and healthy food system - one that provides affordable access to safe and nutritious foods while being environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable.
The ten finalist teams, in no particular order, are:
- Enhancing Rainfall with Charged Water Droplets
- Expanding GHG Measurements Anytime, Everywhere
- Phenotyping Cover Crops for Carbon Sequestration
- Getting Down to BiNIS
- Nematode Early Warning System for Crops
- Improving Resilience & GHG Emissions through AI/ML
- Degassing Landfills by Upcycling Vegetable Waste
- Organic Nitrogen Fertilizer
- Harvesting Agriculture’s “Natural” Insect Farms
- Healthy Floral Microbes = Healthy Crops and Bees
The ten finalist teams will now have several weeks to participate in an innovation forum, refine their ideas, and build out their pitches. On August 31st, 2021, all teams will present their pitches to a panel of judges and an audience of their peers and colleagues. The day will culminate in a live, public virtual event where the judges will award $100,000 each to the top three teams.