GigabitDCx is hosted by the Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO), an agency within the District of Columbia Government, in partnership with US Ignite. To participate in this competition (“Challenge”), you must first acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Submissions shall be from an individual or a team affiliated with a U.S.-based, non-profit organization (including educational institutions) or for-profit organization.
2. Employees of the District of Columbia Government are not eligible to compete in GigabitDCx. This exclusion shall not apply to employees of educational institutions of the District of Columbia Government serving in advisory capacities.
3. Upon request, you agree to provide OCTO at least one written and/or video testimonial about the GigabitDCx and participate in at least one promotional activity associated with the District of Columbia’s Smart City initiative.
4. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you affirm that, to your knowledge, there are no intellectual property or patent infringement violations associated with the business operation and application you are pitching in GigabitDCx.
5. If your application is selected as an awardee,
6. The distribution of any financial or in-kind award is at the sole discretion of the District of Columbia. The District of Columbia has discretion to modify award amounts or to not award funds.
7. If the District of Columbia discovers that you have violated these Terms and Conditions, the District reserves the right to refuse to disburse any remaining funds and demand the return of funds previously disbursed to the awardee.
8. Any beta-testing of the application by the District of Columbia shall not be construed as a partnership, joint venture, or other commercial or employment relationship with the District of Columbia.
9. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, without reference to choice of law.
10. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PLATFORM OR WITH THE CHALLENGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, OR FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CHALLENGE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, COPYRIGHT, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA BE LIABLE TO A PARTICIPANT IN THE CHALLENGE FOR MORE THAN FIFTY DOLLARS ($50).