NASA has selected the following Level 1 winners to share in the $1.4 million prize pool for Watts on the Moon Phase 2. You can read the official NASA Winners Announcement at this link.
The winners are:
- HELPS – High Efficiency Long-Range Power Solution, submitted by US Santa Barbara Experimental Cosmology
- TEMPEST, submitted by Michigan Technological University Planetary Surface Technology Development Lab (MTU-PSTDL)
- Power the Moon with GaN Multilevel Converters, submitted by Team Electric Moon (E.M)
- Moonrush Veterans, submitted by Team Skycorp
- No Replacement For DC-placement, submitted by Team Orbital Mining Corporation
- Virtus Solis Microwave WPT & Thermal Energy System, submitted by Virtus Solis Technologies, Inc.
- Flywheel energy storage using In-Situ Mass Ballast, submitted by X-Wheel Inc.
We would also like to recognize the other teams who participated in Level 1. Great work was submitted by a variety of teams and competitors. While they will not be advancing to the next stage, we would like to commend them for their excellent submissions.
We are so excited to announce these Level 1 winners. It was not a simple decision. The winners will each receive $200,000 and will move on to compete in Level 2.
Congratulations once again to our winners!