The National Patient ID Challenge is moving into an exciting new phase. We are thrilled to unveil the all-star panel of experts who will be judging the competition:
- Andy Gettinger, M.D., chief medical information officer, Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
- Lynne Thomas Gordon, CEO, American Health Information Management Association
- U.S. Army Col. Nicole Kerkenbush, deputy program executive officer, Defense Healthcare Management System, Depart of Defense
- Lorraine Possanza, DPM, JD, MBE, director, patient safety, risk and quality , ECRI Institute
- Rulon Stacey, managing director, Navigant Leadership Institute; board member, Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Board of Overseers
You can click on their bios from the main NPID Challenge page.
Also, we saw tremendous amount of activity over the past couple of days as innovators made the mad dash to enter the Concept Blitz Round -- 44 submissions came in between April 25 and close of the Concept Blitz round on April 27. That raised the total of submissions to 113! Remember, innovators were not required to enter this phase in order to be considered for the ultimate $1 million prize. Overall, 344 innovators have registered for the NPID Challenge, and we exect that to continue to grow.
Here’s the remaining timeline for the NPID Challenge:
- June 1: Final innovation round opens
- July 12: Registration deadline for final innovation round
- November 10: Final submissions due
- February 2017: Grand prize winner announced