Please Read This Carefully! You and Geekdom are agreeing to a Challenge-Specific Competitor Agreement for this particular Geekdom Challenge only. This Geekdom Challenge requires that you accept these special terms, so please take the time to understand them.
1. Submissions. As a Competitor, you may submit to Geekdom your Submission for the Geekdom San Antonio Mx Challenge to which this CSA relates. By submitting your Submission you thereby agree to provide reasonable assistance and additional information concerning your Submission to Geekdom, if requested.
2. Acceptance of Submission and License to Use. Geekdom will notify you if your Submission has been selected by Geekdom for a Prize according to the Challenge Schedule set forth in the Challenge Guidelines. Geekdom will judge all Submissions against the criteria set out in the Challenge Guidelines and determine, in its sole discretion, which Submission best addresses the Challenge Guidelines. Geekdom has absolute and sole discretion to determine whether to accept your Submission, or any Submission, and whether to make a Prize, multiple Prizes or any Prize. The meeting of the Challenge Guidelines does not automatically mean that the Submission will be eligible for a Prize. Submissions must NOT contain or include ideas, concepts, solutions or technology in respect of which a third party owns or controls the intellectual property. Submissions and descriptions thereof may not include trademarks or trade names of corporations or entities without the permission of their owners. By entering, you represent and warrant that:
unless otherwise disclosed in the Submission, the use thereof by Geekdom, or the exercise by Geekdom of any of the rights granted by you under this Agreement, does not and will not infringe or violate any rights of any third party or entity, including, without limitation patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, defamation, privacy, publicity, false light, misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, confidentiality, or any contractual or other rights;
you have all the rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the Submission and to grant all of the rights that you have granted to Geekdom hereunder, including the right for Geekdom to use and develop derivative works of and from the Submission;
all persons who were engaged by you to work on the Submission or who appear in the Submission in any manner have:
By entering, you agree that: (i) all Submissions become Geekdom's property and will not be returned; and (iii) Geekdom and its licensees, successors and assigns have the right to use any and all Submissions, and the names, likenesses, voices and images of all persons appearing in the Submission, for future advertising, promotion and publicity in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity.
ALL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, IF ANY, IN THE IDEA, CONCEPT , OR ACTIVITIES DEMONSTRATED BY THE SUBMISSION WILL REMAIN WITH THE COMPETITOR. BY SUBMITTING A SUBMISSION TO THIS CHALLENGE, EACH COMPETITOR AGREES TO GRANT TO THE GEEKDOM A ROYALTY FREE, NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE IN RESPECT OF ALL SUCH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, IF ANY, FOR THE PURPOSES OF COMMERCIAL EXPLOITATION OF THE IDEA OR CONCEPT DEMONSTRATED BY THE SUBMISSION. NOTWITHSTANDING GRANTING THE GEEKDOM A PERPETUAL, NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE FOR THE SUBMISSION, THE COMPETITOR RETAINS OWNERSHIP OF THE SUBMISSION.
Please also be aware that your Submission may not be acknowledged and will not be received or held "in confidence" and your Submission does not create a confidential relationship or obligation of secrecy between you and any of the entities involved in this Challenge.
3. Other Contracts, Confidentiality, and Indemnification. You agree that you will not disclose to Geekdom, any information which you are under an existing contractual or other legal obligation to maintain in confidence or otherwise do not have the right to sell or license. You agree that you will not discuss any confidential information of your own, other parties, or Geekdom unless you are specifically using the HeroX website to do so. Should your participation in the Challenge be found to breach legal obligations you may have with other third parties or in the event of a breach of the confidentiality obligations in this Section 3, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Geekdom, its and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, from and against all claims, actions or demands, liabilities, and settlements, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising in connection with such unauthorized and prohibited disclosure.
4. Changes and Cancellation. Geekdom has the right to make updates and/or make any changes to, or to modify the scope of the Challenge Guidelines, Challenge Schedule, and Winning Criteria at any time during the Challenge. Competitors are responsible for regularly reviewing the Challenge site to ensure you are meeting all rules and requirements of the Challenge. Geekdom has the right to cancel the Challenge at any time, without warning or explanation, and to subsequently remove the Prize completely.
GENERAL CONDITIONS. Geekdom has the right to verify each Competitor's eligibility and compliance with this CSA. Geekdom has the right to enforce the terms and conditions hereof directly against you. Participation is conditioned on providing the data required in the online registration form. Competitors should direct any request to access, update, or correct information to Geekdom. Geekdom is responsible for human error, theft, destruction, or damage to Submissions, or other factors beyond its reasonable control.
Competitor is responsible for any related costs to complete activities related to solving the challenge;
Competitor is responsible for obeying any local, national, and international laws in undertaking any activities related to solving the challenge;
Competitor is responsible for obtaining any insurance related to activities performed to solve the challenge;
Competitor is responsible for truthful representation of all activities undertaken to solve the challenge; Geekdom reserves the right, at any time, to verify such activities;
Competitor is responsible for maintaining accurate records and truthfulness of metrics, or impact related to activities undertaken to solve the challenge; Geekdom is not responsible for calculating results, but reserves the right, at any time, to verify such information;
Competitor is responsible for completing registration and submitting Submissions by the dates outlined in the Challenge Guidelines; Geekdom is not required to accept late registrations or late Submissions;
Geekdom is not liable for any activities undertaken to solve the challenge;
Geekdom has the right to disqualify an individual from the challenge at any time.
6. Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that: