Geothermal Lithium Extraction Prize Finalists Announced!
Congratulations to the following five teams, each taking home $280,000 and earning the opportunity to compete in the final phase of the competition. All Phase 2 participants will receive reviewers’ comments within the next few weeks. For those teams selected to move on to Phase 3, please check your email for your next steps and stay tuned to register for the Phase 3 Rules Webinar.
Geothermal Lithium Extraction Prize Finalists
- George Washington University – Team Ellexco: “Chemical-Free Extraction of Lithium from Brines”
- Rice University – Team LiSED: “Lithium Selective ElectroDialysis”
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign – Team SelectPureLi: “A Redox Membrane for LiOH Extraction”
- University of Utah – Team University of Utah: “Engineered Lithium Ion-Sieve Technology”
- University of Virginia – Team TELEPORT: “Targeted Extraction of Lithium with Electroactive Particles for Recovery Technology”