Gabriele Rampinelli

Eligibility

Is there any way for a European wave energy company to participate in this competition?
Thanks

10 Replies

NREL Challenge
Hi Gabriele,

Thank you for your question!

Per the rules, entities wishing to compete must be legally formed in the United States per the rules, individuals working under that entity may participate regardless of immigration status.

We would encourage you to explore the possibility of partnering with a US-based organization in order to compete in the competition.

Thanks again!
Gabriele Rampinelli
Hi,
thanks for your message. We're in fact working with a US based market leader in reverse osmosis systems, but for large scale project, not for the type of this competition. So they would not participate in this case.
Is there any way you could consider our own initial submission for the september deadline, and in the meanwhile we search for a US based partner? I am just wary of the september cut off, and I am sure in this case we have a good technology to present.
Kind Regards
Gabriele
Yuanrui Sang
I am working for a public university in the U.S., but I am not a US citizen or permanent resident. Can I participate? Thanks
Modified on Aug. 29, 2019, 5:05 p.m. PDT
NREL Challenge
@Gabriele Rampinelli

Thanks for following up, Gabriele. In order to be eligible to win a prize, the submitting entity must be legally formed in the United States. Unfortunately this means that if you do not have a US participating partner by the submission deadline (9/11, 5PM ET) your submission would not be eligible in the CONCEPT contest.

However, Stages 2 (DESIGN) and 3 (CREATE) are all open to new competitors and do not require submission in previous stages. We would encourage you to submit and participate in Stages 1-3 as soon as you've identified a US-based partner.

Thank you!
NREL Challenge
@Yuanrui Sang

Thanks for the question! You could participate as a partner with a US-based organization. Per the rules, entities wishing to compete must be legally formed in the United States, individuals working under that entity may participate regardless of immigration status.

You may want to think about partnering with your University to submit an idea!
Tagged: Yuanrui Sang
Amr Yousef
Hi,
Should the US partner be US based organization or it is possible to be an individual US citizen?

Regards,
Ahmed
NREL Challenge
@Amr Yousef

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for the question. Either is fine, however please keep in mind that the primary individual or organization submitting the application (and who would receive any prize winnings), must be a US citizen or US-based organization to be eligible. Please see Page 7 in rules document (Section 1.4) for additional information: https://americanmadechallenges.org/wavestowater/Waves-to-Water_Prize_Official_Rules.pdf

I hope that helps clarify the rules, but feel free to respond back if you need further clarification.
Tagged: Amr Yousef
Kameron Beal
If the goal is to spark innovation then I'd assume the completion would allow me to take on multiple teams under my personal LLC. If this is allowed there is about 3.5hrs left for us to work out a way to get your ideas on the board.
NREL Challenge
@Kameron Beal

Hi Kameron! Yes, this is allowable as there are no limit on the number of submissions a company/individual can submit.
Tagged: Kameron Beal
Kameron Beal
Thanks, no takers it seems. Just hoping these guys found a way to enter.
Let these people know about your message