Fiberstar, Inc. is hosting this Student Challenge:
· To promote innovative thinking in science and engineering to sustainably solve real world issues including improving quality, cost effectiveness, incorporation of all natural ingredients, extended shelf life and improved organoleptic properties, possible replacement of chemically modified ingredients and allergens.
· To increase the application knowledge of Citri-Fi 125 and its various particle sizes, i.e. Citri-Fi 125FG (minus 100 mesh) and Citri-Fi 125M40 (minus 200 mesh).
· To provide students with a platform to collaborate with other students and science and engineering professionals to work on industries toughest challenges
· To leverage an opportunity for students to demonstrate an understanding of science and engineering to articulate scientific solutions in an easy and understandable manner
· To pursue innovative ideas in non-food applications with the sponsoring of the top award for industrial, construction, and energy applications. Innovative ideas could provide any of the following benefits: cost savings, sustainability, natural alternative (replace chemical or synthetic solutions in the marketplace), functionality or solutions for underserved or unmet demand in the market.
· Competition for the most innovative application of Citri-Fi 125 in any category.
· The Innovation Challenge is open to students who enrolled in any University program.
· The competition could be part of a class or independent study/research project.
· 1st Place will be in the amount of $10,000
· 2nd place: the runner up award will be in the amount of $5000
· 3rd to 6th place award designations will be $2500 each.
· A separate $5,000 award will be selected for the top industrial, construction, or energy application submission that is outside of food and beverage industry.
· For more information, please contact: Dr. Brock Lundberg, firstname.lastname@example.org, 715-425-7550 x 102