Announcing the Final Round of Buildings Upgrade Prize Application Support Prize Winners
Congratulations to the third and final round of Buildings UP Application Support Prize winners. The 27 teams selected will each receive a $5,000 cash award and up to 10 hours of technical support.
- LDF-Chippewa Housing Authority, Wisconsin
- Sabathani Community Center (Sabathani/SCC), Minnesota
- Green The Church, California
- Centennial Parkside Community Development Corporation, Pennsylvania
- passivhausMAINE, Maine
- green | spaces, Tennessee
- Louisiana Homebuyer Education Collaborative, Louisiana
- New North Caroline Project, North Carolina
- Cherry Hill Strong, Maryland
- A.M.E. Sixth District Church Georgia, Georgia
- Associacion de Residentes de La Margarita Inc., Puerto Rico
- One Earth Collective, Illinois
- 2C Mississippi, Mississippi
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Queens CDC, Inc., New York
- We Want Green Too, Michigan
- Rise UP Reach Out Inc., Florida
- Community Power, Minnesota
- Blueprint 15, Inc., New York
- Hope Enterprise Corporation, Mississippi
- First Alliance Consulting LLC, Virginia
- Green Built Alliance, North Carolina
- She Built This City, North Carolina
- Sun-I LLC, Mississippi
- LIFT JAX, Inc., Florida
- Tampa Bay Community Development Corp d/b/a Suncoast Housing Connections, Florida
- The Climate + Energy Project, Kansas
- Renewable Ambassador, Nevada
If you have been named as a winner, the NREL team will be reaching out this week with instructions on how to receive your award and be connected to our partners at Elevate for technical assistance.
A total of 50 Application Support Prizes of $5,000 and 10 hours of technical assistance were awarded across three rounds to help new and under-resourced teams complete Phase 1 applications. All Application Support Prizes have been awarded at this time.
All teams preparing for the full Phase 1 submission can visit the Upcoming Webinars & Recordings tab to register for informational and training webinars, office hours, teaming events, and more which provide all the details and resources you need to help you successfully develop your team’s Buildings UP Phase 1 submission.
Upcoming Teaming Events:
- Thursday, May 18, 2:30 – 4 p.m. ET: West Region Teams; Register
- Friday, May 19, 2:30 – 4 p.m. ET: Midwest Region Teams; Register
- Monday, May 22 – 3-4:30 p.m. ET: South Region Teams; Register
- Tuesday, May 23, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. ET: Northeast Region Teams; Register
Upcoming Office Hours:
- Wednesday, May 31, 12:30 –2 p.m. ET: Choosing Your Building Upgrade Zone, Workforce Development, and Economic Inclusion; Register
Note: Attendance is not required at Buildings UP webinars or related events in order to complete a Phase 1 submission, and attendance will not influence the scoring of your prize submission.