Applying to the Solar Prize Round 5 Hardware Track? Follow these five steps to make sure you successfully apply for the chance to win part of $3 million.
We know applying to the Solar Prize can be nerve-wracking. Do you have everything you need? Is your video compelling? Did you read the rules thoroughly?
That’s why we’re breaking it down to a few simple steps. Here’s how you can apply to the Solar Prize Round 5:
- Figure out which track is right for you—Round 5 has two separate tracks that focus on different technology areas: Hardware and Software. Decide which category your innovation falls under.
- Sign up on HeroX—once you know which track is right for you, make sure you create a HeroX account and follow the Hardware and/or Software Track to receive updates and prepare your submission.
- Utilize the Network Matching Tool—find resources who can support your innovation by providing submission reviews and connecting you to the tools you need to advance. Hurry—make connections now before Connectors are fully booked!
- Compile your submission—make sure you have all your submission elements, including a cover page, answers to four questions, a 90-second video, technical assistance request, and PowerPoint summary slide.
- Upload your submission by Oct. 5—get your submission in as soon as possible!
Don’t forget to review the rules for further details on each step. Submissions are due Oct. 5, though we highly recommend getting your application in sooner.
We can’t wait to see your creative solar hardware solutions when you apply to Round 5.