Missed it live? You can find the recording of the webinar Geothermal Seismic 101 for Phase 2 of the Geophone Prize here.
During this webinar Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) guests review why the industry needs:
- high-sensitivity low-noise wide-bandwidth sensors,
- the sensors at depth / 225C,
- sensors to last for at least six months without degrading.
They also review:
- how the industry normally record the signal coming from a sensor,
- what a seismic array looks like in the field and how the industry streams the data to a central website,
- what the industry does with the waveform data,
- what answers the industry is ultimately looking for from the data at depth that they are currently not getting now with low-temperature shallow tools.