Deleted
July 30, 2018
9:09 p.m. PDT

About the Winners in Lifting Farmers Out of Poverty

I'm confused about the winners/semi-finalists in "Lifting Farmers Out of Poverty" category. The semi-finalists introduces mostly machines only to help grow or preserve their harvest . While my entry on the other hand is about increasing the harvest of farmers even up to 3 folds depending upon the growth of specimen by increasing/accelerating their metabolism. Can anyone in the judges or team explain why accelerating the metabolism of crops to increase harvest even up to 3 folds in all areas of farming didn't win?
9 Replies

Deleted
July 30, 2018
9:13 p.m. PDT
There are even pages on the internet applying that method --accelerating metabolism-- in order to grow a fruit extraordinarily but are taken for granted only or not applied in farming because the equipment to do it are not developed.

Deleted
July 30, 2018
9:20 p.m. PDT

Deleted
July 30, 2018
9:30 p.m. PDT
Farming is not limited to crops only but includes livestock also but one of the semi-finalist was concerned only in potatoes, corn or wheat yet he won. This is confusing result.

Deleted
July 30, 2018
9:35 p.m. PDT
...while increasing/accelerating metabolism can be applied on both crop and livestock (in land and in water)...

Ronnie
July 30, 2018
10:19 p.m. PDT
Chill buddy. A lot of people didn't make it, it's all in good spirits. As they had mentioned in the announcements, there were a lot of really good designs and the judges had a hard time choosing winners losing sleep over it since there were so many good designs. I would't mull over the specifics, instead move on to the next endeavor with more vigor. I've always found this explanation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMPzDiraNnA) of this psychological phenomenon very inspiring and helps avoid falling into that pitfall. Cheers!

Deleted
July 30, 2018
10:25 p.m. PDT
This is our time to change the world of farming in the fastest possible time but perhaps they didn't want our crops or livestock to grow that much big :)))

Deleted
July 31, 2018
12:57 a.m. PDT
Also, providing power to farmers can only make little effect on the improvement of their crop or livestock yet it won. I'm somewhat disappointed of the results actually all I did was to smile about it.

Deleted
July 31, 2018
1:18 a.m. PDT
Also an agricultural recorder can be done manually through a pen and paper. Sorry to say about this but I just want to let out what I think about the result in this area. Perhaps you intend to entitle the challenge as " Lifting the Lifestyle of Farmers" instead.

Deleted
July 31, 2018
5:05 a.m. PDT
Ooops! Sorry, my mistake. I didn't read the guidelines and I'm supposed to submit my entry to the "Feeding the Next Billion" challenge.
Post Your Reply
Let these people know about your message