Global Innovator

The expectations are that in the near future voice interaction will become a key interface for people’s Internet-connected lives.

"The expectations are that in the near future voice interaction will become a key interface for people’s Internet-connected lives.
"

Is very old concept which never turned true.

Typing is much faster than speaking and typing on the keyboard doesn't violate privacy, but voice is always public.

The only use for computer generated voice messages is in Call Centers.

Voice can be heard, recorded and processed by many devices in parallel, making it to violate privacy.

Give up your project and save your money.

Opera web browser offered gesture control and failed either.

What matters in the internet is privacy.

And we all love low-noise , quiet Internet
Modified on June 21, 2019, 3:05 a.m. PDT
6 Replies

Eugene Ivanov
Dear Global Innovator,

Thank you for your insightful comment.

There are a few points in your argument that could be challenged. I'd love to see solid data proving that typing is faster than speaking. Keyboard doesn't violate privacy? What about cookies and fingerprinting?

But my major objection is to your assertion that you don't need voice at all. Just think about people who can't type because of age or disability. Do we want to shut them off the Internet? Think about dangerous situations many people find themselves every day when reaching out to a "keyboard" isn't an option.

We need voice, we need voice-enable technologies, and we'll definitely proceed with this challenge.

As for privacy, Mozilla is a champion of privacy issues online. Recently, we've posted a challenge on another platform that addresses this issue. Check it out; you make find it appealing to take part.

Best Regards,
Eugene Ivanov (Mozilla team)

Global Innovator
" I'd love to see solid data proving that typing is faster than speaking

It's easy to verify on yourself.
We all have and know many friends, who live on the Internet 2h 4h 8h and much longer daily
and typing is easy job not making them exhausted.

Try to speak for 2h - 8h aloud

cable connected Keyboard is a private input device.

I use now usb keyboard by Logitech, coming with serial number and P/N, violating my privacy, since coming with id logger but I don't care since I have nothing what can be stolen by third parties over the internet.
I have got used to live on the Internet for the last 25 years as a public media

"We need voice, we need voice-enable technologies, and we'll definitely proceed with this challenge.

Ok
You need voice, you need voice-enabled technologies as a product for sale
and I wish you success and prosperity
but I really love quiet internet, read like a book ;)

I don't like all the noise on the Internet, playing badly with my brain waves ;)

"Mozilla is a champion of privacy issues online.

I remember the day, Mozilla was born on the Internet ;)

"Just think about people who can't type because of age or disability

Exactly the same point was discussed by developers of Second Life

To give ppl with disabilities a nice place to play music, dance, as avatars.

full-size PC Keyboard is quiet and smart (one by Logitech, I use now)
Voice is aloud

Better tell me how to remove data logger and serial number, P/N from my keyboard, violating my privacy.

Are you planning to build voice controlled ATM ?

"Give me $100 now

I have contacted CEO at TESCO UK many times to implement silent mode with their automatic cash registers
since if you buy anything at TESCO, automatic cash register is mobbing you with tens of laud voice commands, repeated over and over again
making you look like stupid retarded guy

Buy they don't care.

What comes next, violating privacy, is recording of voice samples to act as your DNA in the global database, making your voice recorded and recognized in the street, at hotel, at office, cinema, on the bus, train, at WC.

Buy gesture recognition and control developed by Opera first, to make your customers happy

PC Keyboard is smart since you can have 20 staff workers working hard on their computers in one room.

Voice turns the same room into call center operation room.

I have cofunded world's first internet based c orporation in TX, Austin (25 years ago)
well ahead of Google, Yahoo, M ozilla and other big players known today.

Keep in mind: voice is private and should be protected
PC keyboard is worth $10 but does the job.

My professor at law faculty served as forensic expert for lie detector, at the same time
and 15 years I have tested lie detector made as live phone app, generating stupid analysis results.

Every sample of human voice once entered into the Internet, stays recorded and processed in the global database of voice samples of 7B humans for indefinite time and can be used to make avatars to speak your voice in your name, in a future

(My Life Bits project by M)

Shahar Shocron
Hello

I have many questions in regard to what would be an expected or desired solution for submission.
And since there was a webinar covering FAQ on July 30th that I missed, I was hoping there might be a recording link to share.
If not, and in any case, how can I find out more details as far as how valid my solution is, and/or my choice of open source libraries etc...

Thank You

Global Innovator
read all that rumour about Siri and other voice controlled applications by Apple, Google, recording human's voice samples for personal identification, processed by computers and third party humans.

I don't like public monitoring cameras coming with voice recording option enabled, recording your public talks on a train, at shops, on train,
violating your privacy millions times per year.

Private voice, chat, talk recording, processing, analyzing should be be banned.

Despina Maliaka
HeroX team
Hi @Shahar Shocron,

Thank you for reaching out.

The Mozilla Voice Webinar was actually postponed to a later date so you have not missed out at all. The new date and time of the webinar will be posted soon, so keep your eyes on the update section.

In the meantime, please do let us know what questions you have so we can assist you further.

Thanks!
Tagged: Shahar Shocron

Global Innovator
I have advised Mozilla the implementation of gesture recognition.

Gesture recognition was a great joke once implemented by Opera web browser

I tried really hard to control PC computer with my tongue via Opera gesture recognition feature.

Voice control jest slow and heavy and violates privacy, since can be easily recorded by third parties.

100% disinterested in using voice control, if not forced by regulations.
Post Your Reply
Let these people know about your message