Deleted
Sept. 25, 2019
9:51 a.m. PDT

Feedback and Score

I would like to see the feedback and score for my concept,
I have the feeling no one looked at it. Also the scores of the competition
would be nice. It was a lot of work so having this information would be consoling .
Jeff
7 Replies

NREL Challenge moderator
Sept. 25, 2019
@Birdman

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your patience in receiving feedback on your Round 2 submission and apologies for a delayed response. As you can imagine, compiling comments and feedback for all of our submissions can take a bit of time.

We know how frustrating it can be to wait for this information, so we're working to get feedback out to teams as soon as possible. I don't have a definitive date for you, however I expect that you'll see something in the next couple of weeks at the very latest.

Please be aware that we will be sharing comments with teams but not overall scores.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out either on the forum or directly to challenge@nrel.gov.

Deleted
Sept. 25, 2019
It seems odd that info is compiled after judging. It should be done during judging. How ever I am aware that
doing a competition like this is not easy. The goal of it should be to impact or at least promote solar energy.
My way of thinking is different then most. Less pretty and more practical.
Thanks for the reply

NREL Challenge moderator
Sept. 25, 2019
@Birdman

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the response! Comments are provided at the time of review, however we have multiple expert reviewers looking at each submission and commenting, so we have to compile comments from everyone before we can distribute them to teams. Thank you again for your on-going patience.

Deleted
Sept. 25, 2019
I got my review,
wow, I dont think my idea was a good one any more, joking
Saves me the time of working on it any more.
I know it wasnt a completed system but that is why
we build prototypes, to figure those things out.
I wish we could have gotten a score but good enough,
thankyou

NREL Challenge moderator
Sept. 25, 2019
Hey Jeff,

I know the feedback can be a bit rough to get back, but I would definitely encourage you to iterate on your idea and reapply to Round 3 Ready! by December 10. You never know!

"Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success." --Dale Carnegie

Deleted
Sept. 25, 2019
Ok Moderator,
You talked me into it, i revised my idea and improved it more towards what the judges want.
I have a suggestion for the platform, let the participants in the challenge participate in the judging more.
example let us see all the ideas.
1) pick out 10 ideas we like a lot
2) grade them for
a) impact on the industry
b) usability
c) cost/economic
d) write down impressions of the idea.
3) Let us tag the ideas we think are bogus and say why, no points just a tag.
4) Out of all those selected among the participants, pick out 30 with the highest scores.
From this group let the judges make a selection using a similar scoring system.
What i am seeing is the judges dont really read closely the contenders ideas because of the volume they have to cover, By nocking it down to 30, it makes their job easier and more accurate/fair. Judges should be scoring and writing evaluations at this time. This information should be stored on a common server for easy compiling.

NREL Challenge moderator
Sept. 25, 2019
@Birdman

Excellent! I am happy to hear that you're going to keep going.

Thank you for the judging suggestions - you have a lot of great ideas. I'll pass these suggestions along to the rest of our team for consideration.

See you in Round 3!
Post Your Reply
Let these people know about your message