NREL Challenge moderator
July 22, 2019
11:23 a.m. PDT

NDA & Peer Review Answers!

Hi everyone!
We just wanted to take a moment to clarify some questions that have come up with the NDA & Peer Reviews.
1) Q: My NDA is blank or I cannot fill it out. Will it be accepted?
A: Yes! If you could not enter information into the blanks of the NDA, do not worry. Your submission of the NDA indicates your acceptance and participation in the peer review process.

2)Q: I only received one set of entries to peer review, will I receive another?
A: No. It was originally intended that you only have one set of submissions to peer review. If you have received a second set and already provided feedback, this will not impact your scores. If you only received one set, do not worry about receiving a second! Each submitter is only required to provide feedback on ONE set of submissions.

3) Q: I received more than 5 submissions in my peer review, how do I score these?
A: If you received a set of 6 entries instead of 5, you may assign the same value to more than one entry, but only once.

Please let us know if you have additional questions by commenting on this thread, sending us a message on HeroX, or by emailing us at Challenge@nrel.gov
8 Replies

ken clayton
July 22, 2019
What happens if we have the wrong NDA attached to our peer review? Our NDA is for a judge because it asks if we have a vested interest or related to a contestant. We are a participant and signing this NDA will violate this trust.

Mark Howell
July 22, 2019
I have been asked to complete a mandatory peer review, however no entries have been assigned to me. How should I proceed?

NREL Challenge moderator
July 22, 2019
deleted
Comment Removed
Tagged: ken clayton

NREL Challenge moderator
July 22, 2019
@Mark Howell
Hi Mark, only the team captain will receive the peer review entries. If you are a team captain and have not received the entries to proceed, and have followed the instructions, please email us at challenge@nrel.gov.
Instructions can be found here: https://www.herox.com/solarprizeround2/resource/364
Tagged: Mark Howell

Joe Byles
July 22, 2019
After ranking, I just see the rankings on a page. Is there an additional step to further submit? Thank you

NREL Challenge moderator
July 22, 2019
@Joe Byles
Hi Joe, if you see the rankings on the page, that means it has been submitted. I just checked, and it looks like we have received your peer review scores.
Tagged: Joe Byles

Yotta Solar
July 22, 2019
Hi Moderator,

Since we received 6 entries, we thought the ranking was individualized..ie 1-5 for each submission. I just read where we should only have one score doubled..

Joe Byles
July 22, 2019
My entry for the solar prize round 2 does not show up anymore. Is it contained somewhere on the site? Thank you Joe Byles team

Joe Byles
July 22, 2019
I am trying to upload Go! entry items for the round 2 American made solar challenge. I cannot find the entry form or the page with my team info. Where can I find it on the site?

Thanks

Team Solpaver
\
Post Your Reply
Let these people know about your message