menu
Migui Santiago
April 29, 2020
10:41 a.m. PDT

Stress

It might be too simple but here's my idea:

Relapsing is mostly triggered by stress, right? Can't we just make addicts or former addicts wear match watches that track their heart rate? When their heart rate goes significantly up it will alarm the user of the heart rate to let him be aware of the situation. Not only that but the smartwatch also notifies his/her sponsor so that the sponsor could immediately contact him/her to see what's wrong and if there are signs of relapse.
2 Replies

Prince
July 2, 2020
10:04 a.m. PDT
The idea is good but don't you think that this can be very easy to defy...what if the person is not wearing the watch when he/she is doing something that he/she can be addicted to... Also if you want him to wear that smartwatch forcefully, don't you think there can be an issue of privacy intrusion. The concept of stress monitoring is good though. I guess the main weapon to stop relapsing is Self-Guilt...if the person is made to realize his mistake, he will definitely work on it.

Petr Mík
Sept. 12, 2020
11:36 p.m. PDT
@Migui Santiago
An interesting idea and I think the invasion of privacy has a solution. I suggest limiting the heart rate monitor to a maximum of two physicians.
Post Your Reply