Personal Nutrition guidance AI for Body and Mind
The health of both the Body and the Mind will be improved when lululemon users are able to get personalized AI-smart nutrition guidance.
3. Opportunity: Which pillar of well-being, and which aspect of that particular pillar, are being addressed by the idea? In what way does it influence a pillar? What type of individual and community would benefit from the idea?
Hippocrates: “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
The right foods eaten right can keep us healthy physically and mentally. However, personalized advice from nutritionists is expensive, or not as accessible. And even if accessible, there's still the need for meal planning, etc. What if store guests could opt in to have their biometrics taken and their data analyzed by an AI that gave them personalized nutrition advice, meal planning/configurator, & linked to grocery delivery?!
4. Innovation: Why is your idea unique, novel, and/or impactful? What will the future look like if we’re successful in bringing your idea to life? How does the proposed solution differ from existing solutions addressing human well-being?
Today, a guest's trip to a lululemon store is about some me-time, a workout or two, some "retail therapy" (aka shopping). It is a little oasis, but one has to then get back to the other chores of life. The life that's pretty much fueled by the foods we eat. My idea gives guests nutritional and meal plans based on body biometrics acquired inside the store and other data they can opt into providing. In the future, a guest's grocery bag might even get readied while she works out and shops at LL.
5. Action Plan: Please justify and briefly describe the major steps needed to make this idea a reality. Does the technology and understanding exist now? Is it likely to exist in the next 3-5 years?
1. Development of the AI, its data exchange with the automated biometric measurement tools, with other inputs from human users. Adequate data protection for the human user data.
2. Design of the user interface and workflow for the in-store experience. This will likely be in a part of the store, perhaps a corner that affords some privacy.
3. Training of store employees so they can help the store guests and first-time users navigate the setup.
4. Mechanism to solicit and incorporate feedback from users, and set expectations.
5. Partnerships with grocery personal shopping, food prep and delivery services, etc. For e.g. with one tap, a user can send off a grocery fulfillment order, and it will be ready for her/him to pick up on the way back home after working out/shopping in the store or mall.
6. Positioning the Personal Nutrition service through lululemon's existing customer-facing channels as well as any future channels/partnerships.
READERS, if you like it, do vote for it! Subscriptions to nutritional planning services etc are not cheap, but this submission shows a way to make it accessible to all via technology and partnerships. THANKS.