1 store = 1 collective ->Support for Worthy Causes
Unite community into fundraising for worthy causes via Rewards program that gives points for LL purchases and completed wellness activities.
3. Opportunity: Which pillar of well-being, and which aspect of that particular pillar, are being addressed by the idea? In what way does it influence a pillar? What type of individual and community would benefit from the idea?
Building community and shared enthusiasm for wellness initiatives AND also other worthy causes in the community. Regardless of whether people are diehard LL fans or just occasional LL shoppers, they are able to allocate their LL rewards points towards social good. For e.g., community spaces for workouts, urban gardens, gym equipment for underfunded schools, sports/dance/ballet apparel/supplies for underserved populations, see https://www.google.com/search?q=ballet+for+kids+in+underprivileged
4. Innovation: Why is your idea unique, novel, and/or impactful? What will the future look like if we’re successful in bringing your idea to life? How does the proposed solution differ from existing solutions addressing human well-being?
My idea is a cross-pollination between frequent customer loyalty/rewards programs in retail, in social justice initiatives, financial products (e.g. co-branded credit cards, gift cards), bridging wealth inequality, community coalitions, etc. Whether LL capitalizes on its loyal shoppers with a cobranded credit card (Uber did that!) and/or shoppers rewards points, helping fans channel their activities into social good will make a difference in their happiness, and in their extended communities.
5. Action Plan: Please justify and briefly describe the major steps needed to make this idea a reality. Does the technology and understanding exist now? Is it likely to exist in the next 3-5 years?
The technology, wellness activity tracking phone apps, reward points management systems, leaderboard ranking systems, community (or "Sweat collective") bulletin boards and messaging app technology - all these already exist. Other than, perhaps, a detailed business case analysis from your LL executive leadership. I hope for a chance to explain in details in person. A few pointers:
1. Partner with Amex? (or?) on card and points tracking.
2. Each store can pick causes it'll support.
3. Establish community leaderboards - let people compete to send more funds towards good causes!
4. Feedback loops to see how extended communities are reacting, and whether initiative is improving intra-community relations.