A one stop shop where consumers can enjoy a healthy beverage while visiting and trying on Lululemon products. No need to leave for foodcourt
3. Opportunity: Which pillar of well-being, and which aspect of that particular pillar, are being addressed by the idea? In what way does it influence a pillar? What type of individual and community would benefit from the idea?
Body) Shopping is exhausting and can be a workout. Foodcourt options are not always healthy. So why not go for a smoothie that's packed with antioxidants and vitamins.
Mind) Shopping can be stressful and sometimes we need a bit of chamomile tea to calm the nerves and take it easy. Well, stop by and take a break from shopping.
Community) This small beverage bar will allow consumers to meet one another and interact as they enjoy a beverage, inducing a stronger sense of community and belonging.
4. Innovation: Why is your idea unique, novel, and/or impactful? What will the future look like if we’re successful in bringing your idea to life? How does the proposed solution differ from existing solutions addressing human well-being?
Which other retail store has it's own dedicated space to food? None
The Lululemon brand is a strong brand representing health and activeness in the eyes of consumers. By opening a beverage bar within the the store, consumers will immediately jump on board. Like the retail products, the beverages will also be of high quality in their opinion.
It will have an impact because it will be addressing the mental and physical well-being of its consumers instore.
5. Action Plan: Please justify and briefly describe the major steps needed to make this idea a reality. Does the technology and understanding exist now? Is it likely to exist in the next 3-5 years?
The technology and understanding does exist now.
First, when opening a retail store, Lululemon must identify the appropriate space within the store for a small bar to be constructed. This bar can have up to 6 seats or have standing tables for consumers to use.
Next, after constructing this space, Lululemon needs to purchase equipment that will allow this bar to run.
Some examples of these necessary equipment are:
- Hot water machine
- Fridge and freezer
- stools and/or chairs and/or a couch + tables
- Mugs and cups
- Quick dishwasher
- Sparkling water and regular water fountain
- Kangen Water machine (optional)
Next step is to apply for the appropriate licensing (depends on the location, city and country) to be able to serve non-alcoholic beverages.
The upside is that since no food is being cooked, there is no need for a stove, air fume hood, and gas--which is where the majority of costs come from in a running restaurant/kitchen business.
In conjunction with the steps above, Lululemon must conduct some research and work with some chefs and nutritionists to understand come up with some menu items to offer its consumers.
Finally, during the hiring process, require employees to get their food safe certificate in order to be able to produce and serve these drinks in a high quality and sanitary way.
Run a small marketing campaign to promote the use of this service and let the magic begin.