menu
Lex Berezhny
Sept. 22, 2017
12:02 p.m. PDT

Prototype

In the guidelines it says that a prototype is not necessary but I'm not sure how this challenge could be met without having at least some kind of prototype (for example, all the questions about performance/speed.)

The entry form does not provide a way to submit a prototype. How would someone submit a prototype?

Does having a prototype increase the chances of winning?
1 Reply

John Pollock moderator
Sept. 25, 2017
6:42 a.m. PDT
@Lex Berezhny Great questions!

When we say prototype we mean working software. No lines of code have to be written. We are more concerned with the "how" you would accomplish what needs to be accomplished. Think of a prototype as a model for a house, we are not looking for the actual house or a model of the house, we are looking for the blueprint for the house. We can extract stuff like performance/speed from the design, we don't have to see it actually working.

Speed to market is the goal after we have ideas from this challenge, so a prototype could impact judging and I can say that one of the challengers does have a working prototype, but this is a long range project, a bad working prototype will not win over a solid design/blueprint. The point system for the judges does not allow any points for a working prototype.

I hope this answers your questions, if it created more questions, or I was not clear do not hesitate to ask more questions or clarifying questions.
Post Your Reply