- Next Wave Health Advisors
- As Senior Vice President and CIO for 18 years and Sharp team member for over 35 years, Bill led the I.T. strategy for Sharp HealthCare, a leading integrated delivery network.
- additional information
- "It’s so obvious that if we want to transfer records [between systems], we have to find a way to be sure that they can be matched."
"One of the constraints—we cannot be in a situation where an insurance company or a single provider runs a universal matching or identifier service. It is really a utility."
- key insights
- Error rates can be as high as 20%. There can be 6 to8% error rates internally in one organization. (Correct patient records not found and incorrect patient records found) When merging records acros
- Existing matching methods, even though increasingly reliable, cost too much time and money for all providers to implement cost-effectively.
- Two key criteria for contenders to be evaluated against are: 1) affordable: Something that can be appropriated by a government entity that is so inexpensive no one will complain; and 2) inclusive: eve
- CHIME must retain right to reject all ideas
- This Challenge and the solution must be attractive to for-profit contenders.
Your feedback is always welcome!