estinamir
Dec. 14, 2020
7:28 p.m. PST

What about an air inflator?

Do you think an air inflatable platform (similar to air mattress) could work? It will rise towards the cargo, and onto which the cargo will be gently released. It should have a fence to keep cargo in place.

Then it deflates to lower the cargo to the ground, and the air is recycled. If you unloading cargo onto lunar surface mobility platform, then inflator itself could be a part of this platform as shown here https://youtu.be/dPS4fh_lejA?t=1055

It could also be used to lift cargo up. The simplicity of it should make it vendor independent and scalable solution if it would be possible.
1 Reply

estinamir
Dec. 15, 2020
7:35 a.m. PST
edited
Also you could attach robotic arm to mobility platform in a similar way it is attached on a Space Shuttle and ISS. It can then be used to load and unload cargo onto mobility platform.

Thank you Kyla and NASA for a very helpful webinar. There are things I may never understand due to my luck of technical and personal experience outside of my country/planet environment. So I am relying on other solvers to come through for this. Cheers
Post Your Reply
Let these people know about your message