menu
Jonathan Brown
April 16, 2020
2:06 p.m. PDT

Particle size

Can you please provide a particle size distribution curve for both the light and heavy mineral components of the "typical" sands you plan to mine with the equipment proposed.
Thanks,
10 Replies

Martin Theberge moderator
April 16, 2020
3:50 p.m. PDT
Thanks for your interest and posting this question Mr Brown. Please have a look in the Background tab, you'll find a Particle Distribution Graph.

Regards,

Jonathan Brown
April 16, 2020
5:26 p.m. PDT
I apologize for not mentioning the particle size plot in the background section in my post. Could you please clarify for me whether I should use the PSD information found in the Background Section versus the information found under the Technical Description section of the Challenge Guidelines. I ask for this clarifiction because the material graphed in the Background Section appears to have more fine grained heavy minerals especially when it is compared to the average particle size range for heavy minerals stated in the first paragraph of the Technical Description.
Thanks.

Martin Theberge moderator
April 17, 2020
5:43 a.m. PDT
The particle size information contained in the Background section is specifically related to the material that we want to test whereas the information contained in the Technical Description of the Guidelines is more generic. Hope this helps.

Regards

Jonathan Brown
April 17, 2020
6:59 a.m. PDT
Yes it does. Many thanks.

Scott Dunbar
June 14, 2020
11:35 a.m. PDT
edited
Can you supply the numbers for the particle size distribution graphs?
Thanks
Scott

Jonathan Brown
June 14, 2020
2:21 p.m. PDT
Hi Scott,
The graphs you asked for are in the Background Section (click on Background in the horizontal menu of the Challenge page, next to the FAQ tab).

Go to the bottom of the page.

Scott Dunbar
June 14, 2020
3:14 p.m. PDT
Thank you Jonathan, but I want the numbers used to plot those graphs.

Jonathan Brown
June 14, 2020
3:17 p.m. PDT
Sorry Scott but I don't have those numbers.

Scott Dunbar
June 14, 2020
4:11 p.m. PDT
Ooops - I thought I was conversing with the moderator, Martin Thiberge.
Sorry about that

Jonathan Brown
June 14, 2020
5:10 p.m. PDT
No worries Scott.
Post Your Reply