menu
Kyla Jeffrey HeroX team
Sept. 20, 2018
8:52 a.m. PDT

Ordinal Method Results

Dear Solvers,

Should a Solver have multiple methods ranked on the leaderboard, we will choose among methods that are ordinally tied in order to maximize the Solver's payout. "Ordinally tied" methods occur when a Solver has methods that occupy consecutive spots on the Leaderboard with no method from another solver in between. For example, if Solver X has multiple methods that all meet the >=70% participation and >50% positive thresholds, and some of those methods are ordinally tied on the GF Challenge leaderboard (i.e. Solver X holds places 5-10) and their second-best method qualifies for one of the bonus prizes (Ultimate or Star), we will use the second-best method for the award of the bonus prize.

Thank you,

GF Challenge Team
2 Replies

Lars Ericson
Sept. 20, 2018
6:22 p.m. PDT
@Kyla Jeffrey, at this moment (9/20 evening) it looks like only DigitalDelphi and BEEFERS have a shot at ending up above the Benchmark, depending on how they did on the 165th question. If I read the above convoluted wording correctly, if they did have a method going above the Benchmark, they'd be winning the bonus prize anyway based on the first method to go above the line. So I don't get the 2nd method thing. It still seems quite possible that no bonus prizes will get paid. How about if we use these funds to double up the prize on Season 2. Will there be a Season 2 of GF, and if so, when does it start and how long does it last?
Attachments

Kyla Jeffrey HeroX team
Oct. 1, 2018
5:51 p.m. PDT
The Star Forecaster was awarded to BEEFERS using Ordinal Positioning in the final results. Method NM2 was ranked 5th on the GF Challenge Leaderboard, but was ordinally positioned in 2nd place along with 9 other methods from BEEFERS. Method MN2 was ranked 1st on the Beat HFC Leaderboard, beating the Baseline on the HFC Leaderboard, and the Performers. Since the Star Forecaster was awarded, the Power Forecaster award was not used in the challenge.
Attachments